Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sick email list.

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2002, 03:20 AM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I suspect a to55er I know has signed me up to a truly sick email list. He will be getting a kicking anyway, but is there anyway I can prove it was him? I have reported the site url to http://www.iwf.org.uk/hotline/index.htm and asked my email account service provider to block the address.

But what I really want is to find the IP of the machine where my email address was entered. Anybody know of a way to do this?

It states in the email that the address was entered and was not spam. It states the same way to unsubscribe, but there is no way I am visiting the site from work. I don't have internet access at home.

Thanks,

Muf
Old 02 April 2002, 07:56 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs down

I suspect the only way you'll find out the IP address of the machine that subscribed you, is via the site owners themselves.

Although, someone else on here may be able to get it
Old 02 April 2002, 10:19 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Highly unlikely that you could especially with the use of dynamic IP addresses. If they could would they be that interested in helping you?
Old 02 April 2002, 06:50 PM
Comedy_Gaz
Scooby Newbie

You have probably entered your e-mail address somewhere and they have sold it. Or you have put it on a forum.
Old 02 April 2002, 09:39 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thanks for the replies.
I realised it's a long shot when I asked
I got a reply from the IWC today, they accessed the site, deemed the material to be "potentially" illegal and have forwarded it to the police. So hopefully these sick f*****s will be shut down.
I'm pretty careful with this particular email addy as it sends me SMS messages when I get a mail and don't want it filled with crap or messages at 3am.