Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2010, 10:23 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Anybody else excited for this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh02Y2M2Wbg

Based in "Takistan" should be a laugh when the modders get busy and make us some Bin Laden missions

Stretch them gaming rigs
Just found this utterly sweet preorder deal from play.com
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1550...d/Product.html

Put around 150 hours into Arma 2 now

Last edited by StickyMicky; 08 June 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 28 June 2010, 04:34 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Hopefully my preorder arrives tomorrow

Some German outlets have been selling copies already, and it looks like somebody found a nice easter egg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT7n7...layer_embedded
Old 04 July 2010, 07:58 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Well it finally arrived yesterday, nice of Play.com to finally send it

Came home from work around 12ish and then according to my little xfire stats thingy, it sucked 9 hours of my life away

Some thoughts.
This runs a hell of a lot better on my machine than vanilla Arma 2, maybe because it has a lot less trees and rendered objects? but even in the built up areas, it still nipped along spot on, and my settings mimic my A2 ones.

Graphics when cranked up are utterly awesome, i prefer them over the wooded A2 ones, something far more satisfying about "popping a cap in the ***" of a Taliban lookalike

Something very cool about having a Chinook full of coop players dropped off just behind a mountain so we can storm the terrorists by surprise, Chinooks should be in every game

Robotic voices improved, still robotic, but much better, they now give a clock position instead of waffling like "ENEMY man TO OUR front FAAR" you will usually hear something like "enemy man, 12oclock, half a click"

I only managed to get up to the 3rd campaign mission in my 9 hour jollie spent most of the time playing coop MP on my favorite server, the way they run things is with proper commands/orders, so you get your role, you do it, and you dont mess up soldier, or your booted out with a dishonorable discharge