Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPhoto - quits on export and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2010, 11:34 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhoto - quits on export and other issues

Over the past six weeks or so iPhoto has had a couple of serious issues.

If it try to export a photo, iPhoto consistently quits. Sometimes I get the spinning circle for a while, sometimes it just quits immediately.

Today it got even worse - I was importing from my iPhone - it seemed to complete, said it was 'finishing' and then quit. No photos were imported and half the photos were deleted.

As I commented a couple of weeks ago I had a issue following an update where iPhoto crashed and a little dialogue box appeared with what appeared to be a testing code trace in it - it certainly was not a user dialogue/error message!

The latest issues are with the very latest update as of the last 24 hours or so.

Is anyone having these issues?

Suggestions?
Old 02 May 2010, 03:08 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I can't remember off the top of my head but you can rebuild the iphoto database, might help.
Old 02 May 2010, 09:27 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a database rebuild - it brought the photo library up to date with the current release. It does run a little bit smoother...

...but I get exactly the same issue. It started when I did a Software Update to iPhoto a few weeks ago and has been very consistent since.

Not seeing anything in the forums though which is odd if it was software related. But there again I can't see code errors being specific to my Macbook.