Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iTunes 9.1

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2010, 05:32 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry iTunes 9.1

Plugged my phone into the PC this morning as I do every morning. iTunes fires up and tells me that there's an update. I say ok install it. It does it's business (I stupidly left the phone plugged in whilst all this was going on).

Once everything was done I looked at my phone, it had "iPhone activated successfully". Strange I thought, unlocked the phone and all my apps had gone!

Tried to restore from backup but because I'd left the phone in it had backed it up after the new iTunes install I'd only got the basic phone apps still

I've got everything back on now but I've lost my fuel data I'd been keeping, ten months of it, gutted.

So my advice to any fellow iPhoners out there a heads up and remember to unplug your phone before doing anything with the iTunes install!
Old 01 April 2010, 09:33 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never had a problem with it
Old 02 April 2010, 12:20 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had it done to me, depending on what fuel log you use but when i re downloaded the app it saved on my fuel logs.
When you back your iphone up, have you clicked on app to be backed up as well. This way you would not have to download erm all again.

What my problem is all my pics, music, vids thats on my laptop and saved in my itunes on the laptop i can no longer get because the screen is broken. I have got a monitor and pluged that into the laptop, but it only works in safe mode. How do i get all my stuff from itunes that are on my laptop???

cheers
Old 02 April 2010, 04:53 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Take the drive out of the laptop and put in in a caddy. PC World sell them for peanuts.
Old 02 April 2010, 08:37 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok cheers will get one tom.