Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Snow leopard Server Quotas

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2010, 11:59 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow leopard Server Quotas

Hi all,
On one of our Xserv's I need to set up drop boxes that student can use to submit work, I've set these up ok and got them to pop up on students desktops via Workgroup manager.

However I would also like to set a quota on the folder in question. I've read up about setting quotas in home directories and the like but I don't need to quota a user only the entire folder itself. I need to set 70gig quotas on 3 folders.

Does anyone know how to quota a shared folder but not by user just a size limit.

Mike
Old 04 March 2010, 12:15 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my SL server running at present, but if I remember I'll check the one in the office when I get in.

Have a read of this and the article linked within it and see if that helps any. I have a feeling it's for local quotas though, rather than setting one on a network share, and if you were to use that on the server it would probably limit you as admin from exceeding the quota.