Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Ebay Q, Regards to listing...

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2010, 12:47 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Q, Regards to listing...

Hi guys, Its been running through my mind how people have been advertising there goods/items with loads of pictures without being charged via the upload option... They seem to use the TEXT box for inserting there pictures.. That way u dont get charged & i've really want to know how this has been done??? E.G

AUDI A3 1.8T QUATTRO TURBO BLACK 180 BHP BARGAIN PRICE on eBay (end time 22-Feb-10 20:00:33 GMT)

All the pictures are in the tex & with effect's on the text box too.. I would really like some help from someone who knows there stuff as this will save me alot of money .....
Old 14 February 2010, 09:14 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Use auctiva.com its quite easy using there free service
Old 14 February 2010, 05:07 PM
FX02
Scooby Regular

When writing about your item, switch tabs in the item description box to HTML - you can then insert a link from photobucket or similar. I do this and it works a treat, is dead easy and free!
Old 14 February 2010, 11:23 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

any chance of a step by step guide guys ?????
Old 15 February 2010, 01:24 PM
FX02
Scooby Regular

I have a photobucket account, so will give you the guide assuming you have photobucket.

Make sure you have 2 internet browsers open - one with ebay running and the other with photobucket running

Begin creating your ebay listing. Insert the free photo into the gallery box and once down to the 'describe the item you are selling' box you can then write some jargon in there describing your item. Every time you want to put a photo in with the writing, then simply click on the tab just above your description labelled HTML. Every thing looks complete gobbledygook, but if you only click on that tab when you want to insert a photo it's less confusing.

Now, go to your photobucket account where you should have uploaded any photos you want to use in your listing. Select the first photo you wish to insert and then click 'share'. This opens up a new window with new tabs. Select 'get link code' and then highlight the text in the HTML for websites option, then copy and paste this into the HTML box (below the text already in it) of your ebay listing.

Click back onto the standard tab for you item description and then preview it to see your work so far and you should see the photo on the listing. If you wish to insert any more text then do it in the standard view rather than HTML. Carry on until you've completed your description and you should have a proffesional looking listing with lots of free photos on it.

Hope thats not too confusing, it should hopefully point you somewhere in the right direction.
Old 15 February 2010, 05:41 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

arr ok im with u! if i dont get it right i'll b back.. back in abit cheers peeps!