Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any web designers in here?

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2010, 08:16 PM
konceppt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any web designers in here?

Hi all,

My wife has been running her own dog grooming business for just over a year now.We have just advertised in a local advertising mailshot to 4000 houses.with the limited flyering we have already done just in a few streets near us,She has got pretty busy and we anticipate more calls from the latest advertising.We have bought the domain names www.cuts4canines.com and www.cuts4canines.co.uk and we need a website written as we have added the website address on the flyers.

we have a package bought from 1and1 allowing 11 pages.

There is a website builder software available from them but i am no web designer.We were hoping to use our flyer as a page template for the website but i have no idea how to do that.

we have our website text and price list already written as a word file but we need a clever computer type person to sort the website for us.

i have searched on google for website designers but they are all highly expensive and not based anywhere near us.

Obviously we will pay but i dont want to get ripped off and as i know nothing abot website design there is a high chance i will lol

thanks
ben
Old 14 February 2010, 12:12 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

What you want to do, is go down to your local Uni Comp Sci Dept, speak to the lecture and get him to direct you to someone who is very good at Web Development.

It happens all the time so you won't be the first and students are dieing for the money anyway, but it is a good portfolio for them as well, so the work will be high standard.

Thats what I would do, no question.
Old 14 February 2010, 11:56 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

You get what you pay for most the time.....
However the advice above is good. We have just taken on a student for their placement year whose skills are far better than many CVs we get.

It does depend on what you get for your money. For example, we wont do any site for less than 3k as we know what is involved in the process to do it properly and to a high standard. You will always find someone else to do it for £100 but question how much effort the cheap people are going to put in now and going forward.