Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iTune & iPhone woes part 2

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2010, 09:40 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question iTune & iPhone woes part 2

Yesterday and everytime since I got the iPhone and installed iTunes, I'd connect the phone to the PC and iTunes would fire up and everything would sync.
This morning, without knowingly changing anything on the PC (windows 7), when I connect the iPhone to the PC I'm told..

"The foler 'iTunes' is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder"

The only thing I can think of that might have done something to the PC was that last night I'd changed a few of the media folders via the media centre on my Xbox. All these folders are on an external hard drive connected to the PC though? My music is stored on this drive but the iTunes directory is on the C:\ drive?

I would uninstall iTunes and start again but I don't want to lose my restore files.

I've checked the permissions on the iTunes directory and I have full read/write access to it.

Help meh!

Matt
Old 22 January 2010, 10:01 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scratch that, sorted it.
I'd removed the 'My Music' directory from the Windows Media Player music library (as my music isn't stored there I didn't see why I should have it look in there.

Added it back in and now iTunes works.