Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help..Someone nicked my Palm

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2002, 05:35 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Two ****es were seen exiting my office this pm ....turns out they took my Palm111x. Palm software loaded on to PC but are the current Palm offerings compatible with both the hotsink cradle and indeed the software?
Incidentaly "call Palm" isn't helpful as they do not have a support phone....all done on line with a very helpful "will get back within 48hrs.......Great!
Old 19 March 2002, 05:48 PM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that....

The software should be OK and you'll get a new hotsync cable in the box when you buy a new one. You could get a Handspring Visor instead which is fully Palm compatible.

Jeff
Old 19 March 2002, 06:00 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Rather frustratingly it Palm have several different cradles so your old one may not be much use. I broke My Vx at the end of last year and bought a 505 thinking I could now have a cradle at home too - wrong

The hotsysnc software is the same though so you should be able to get all the data back that is synch'd. I had a couple of additional programs that weren't such as an encrypted program with my account numbers & passwords which was a pain.

Mr Wiltshire will probably let me know that they weren't that secure anyhow but I didn't want them synch'd to my work PC (& network) but I should have backed them up somewhere.
Old 19 March 2002, 06:07 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Many thanks for that chaps
joni