Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

xbox 360 flashing ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 03:16 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xbox 360 flashing ?

Anyone here into the xbox360 flashing scene ?? having just bought a new 360 elite am thinking off getting it flashed to the latest 1.61 firmware, according to what I have read this 1.61 flash has done away with the requirment to have to use a back up loader disc on some off the newer 360 games.

questions I have are as follows :

1/ Will all games out now and for the next while play okay on this particular version ??

2/ when will a further flash actually be required ie. the back up loader will no longer be enough to load any future games ??

main thing I dont want is to have it flashed now and find in just a short space off time it requires a reflash, I take it all the games up till that time will continue to play its just games after that time that will require a further flash ??

lastly- Is it the firmware or the actual backup game that is detected by microsoft if going on live ?? ie could I use an original game on a flashed firmware safely enough ??
bit confused about this side off things if anyone could advise ??

Last edited by jono300; 30 December 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 30 December 2009, 03:23 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I haven't flashed a 360 for a long while as I got bored playing 'cat and mouse' with Microsoft.

I will answer your last question, which is that it appears Microsoft can detect the flashed firmware and will ban the console (as opposed to just checking if you are playing a copied game). They do it periodically usually around update of the dashboard time.

Steve
Old 30 December 2009, 07:15 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

i flash my own xbox, there is no back up loader.there's only the 1.61 for some drives liteon relased yesterday.

The new liteon is a little but trickier to do involves soldering.

But as said before don't go online untill LT firmwareis released then i'd wait a while just incase.

the 1.61 supports wave 4 and 5 games (latest)but if you do get banned you can always download xbox update online.

I learnt alot from this site iXtreme 1.61 Firmware - Flashing Tutorials on Hitachi, LiteOn, Samsung and BenQ Xbox 360 DVD Drives with ixtreme firmware - iXtreme.net also AfterDawn.com: Forums: Xbox 360 - General discussion
Old 30 December 2009, 07:26 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks for that mate bit confused what you are saying regards there being no back up loader disc and that there is only the newly released 1.61 firmware ?? surely it was the often talked about 1.60 with the back up loader disc up until this latest 1.61 version ??

am I also wrong in saying that its not all liteon drives that require this soldering ??

as I say mate complete newbie to the 360 scene just going on bits I have read online within the last week or so but there was deffinatly major talk off version 1.60 and the need for this back up disc for the latest games but from what I have read this latest 1.61 version has done away with the requirment for this disc for now anyway ??

thanks for the links will check them all out.

lastly as asked earlier am I correct in saying that all games out now and released up until the next flash update will still continue to play okay and that it will just be further games released from then on that will require a reflash ??
Old 30 December 2009, 07:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

An xbox360 without Xbox LIVE = IMHO useless.

Not worth the risk, we love to laugh at "pikey chumps" who get banned
Old 30 December 2009, 08:00 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

ahhh you mean the activate.iso, with the 1.61 fw you wont need the disc anymore.

Flashing the Firmware is bascially the same dont matter which Fw version you want.Only the latest liteon will need soldering,and the original liteon will need a ck3 probe to get thw dvd key off.

as for game compatability yes it'll be fine.when ixtreme LT gets released it'll will play future ones as there is no stealth checking on it.
Old 30 December 2009, 08:05 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
An xbox360 without Xbox LIVE = IMHO useless.

Not worth the risk, we love to laugh at "pikey chumps" who get banned
i'm still online

i also must of robbed dj hero too
Old 30 December 2009, 08:12 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Matter
Of
Time.
Old 30 December 2009, 08:22 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Like I've said before I have two xbox's. One legit and one flashed. So this pikey chump buys games