Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Moving house.....Broadband question ?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2009, 10:57 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Moving house.....Broadband question ?

Just a quick question..

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and wondered what I need to do about my broadband connection.

I'm with AOL (long story) and have a wireless router plugged into the BT phone socket serving a couple of laptops, Ipods, Wii, DS etc

....do I just move and plug the router into theBT socket at the new house and should it just work ??

Cheers

Shaun
Old 15 November 2009, 12:22 AM
Cylon2007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to cancel the account at the current address and restart it at the new one as it's tied to the phone number. If you are going to stay with AOL (for the life of me I cannot see why) call them and they will tell you what you need to do.
Old 16 November 2009, 08:50 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

as im sure as been stated before if you intend leaving aol you will need you MAC code from them to pass on to your new provider
Old 16 November 2009, 09:38 PM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

If you plan on staying with AOL, their broadband house move help pages are here.

Take note -

Ensure that your broadband internet service transitions to your new address smoothly by submitting a broadband house move request on the day or the day before your new phone line is active. It takes approximately 20 working days to process a house move request. The house move process will begin from the date your new phone line is activated.
Dave.
Old 16 November 2009, 11:05 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blimey Dave............better get cracking

Cheers

Shaun

PS I've been with ar$eholes on line for years, they are expensive but everytime I've switched on a PC it's been there for the kids homework which needs doing for tomorrow..... and I've got a nice e-mail address
Old 17 November 2009, 07:13 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Blimey Dave............better get cracking

Cheers

Shaun

PS I've been with ar$eholes on line for years, they are expensive but everytime I've switched on a PC it's been there for the kids homework which needs doing for tomorrow..... and I've got a nice e-mail address
I was going to ditch AOL last year. I phoned and told them so and what did I need to do...Excuse me sir can we get back to you in a few minutes. They did and Im now paying £5.99 was £24.99 and they doubled my speed and sent me a new router. I think we get some free landline time as well. Also the service has improved dramatically...it just works everytime now.

Worth a try!