Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Yahoo emails being returned as spam

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2009, 04:50 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yahoo emails being returned as spam

I keep getting the following types of messages in reply to personal emails I'm trying to send from yahoo: I've removed personal details, ip addresses etc. I'm just sending it from webmail.

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

[email address removed]
[ip address removed] does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [ip removed] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see SpamCop.net - Blocking List ( bl.spamcop.net )? [ip removed]
Giving up on [ip removed]"
Old 18 September 2009, 05:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello John,
I had the same problem when sending an email from plus.net to an excite.com address, same error code of 554.

I contacted plus.net support, posting the message with entire (raw) headers. They replied saying it looks like one of their servers has been blacklisted by excite. They were going to escalate this to their mail platform team for further investigation. A reply back from them stated the following:

We have attempted to contact excite regarding this. Their online resources for requesting removal are somewhat lacking, and a general support request has been sent to them with our concerns and a request to remove the block. We will confirm when we have had a response and take it from there.

Their next response was as follows:

We have contacted Excite regarding this. A response from them is somewhat unlikely. Please allow a week or so to see if the situation changes and let us know should you still encounter problems. We will see if there is anyway to escalate further if no action has been taken.

I never heard anything further from them, so I presume that either they didn't do anything further, or excite did not bother. It was at that point I got Rose to setup a gmail account and get gmail to read all her excite mail, and thus she could reply to it from her gmail account and avoid this type of problem.

Long story short, looks like the server being used to send the email has been blocked by yahoo and you'll need to contact either/or your email provider or yahoo to see if you can get it unblocked.
Old 18 September 2009, 05:32 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I have filled out the query pages myself for a few of these, the pages were unhelpful and they never replied.

It seems to be that some overzealous spam software is prevent normal personal emails and nobody does anything about it!
Old 19 September 2009, 05:13 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi John

I have the same problem with AOL and Hotmail

I have tried to sort it for the last few years but never got it fully fixed !

Shaun
Old 21 September 2009, 02:18 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

common problem -- especially yahoo coz spammers use it alot, consequently it often gets blocked by anti spam servers all over the internet

you can check at

The Spamhaus Project

and an interesting article here

http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=644