Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Google Monopoly City Streets

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2009, 02:08 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Google Monopoly City Streets

Anyone looked at this yet?

I just assumed it was an online game of monopoly which used real streets but then I saw reports of people buying up streets so I logged in to it and bought my road (not with real money) but couldn't in the 3 minutes I was looking at it from work figure out the point of it.

It was even letting me buy a house to put on my road. But I couldn't see why I'd want to do that.

The link to the FAQ was blocked by our proxy.
Old 10 September 2009, 03:16 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Yep, I can see why you would be stumped without the FAQ.

Basically when you join you get 3,000,000 Monopoly dollars. You can buy roads and once you have done that you can buy buildings. Each building gives you a daily rent, so every 24 hours, you get more cash, to obviously buy more streets then properties.

But as you play each day you will get Chance cards that just pop-up at random. Some allow you a bonus building, this being a school, park or stadium. If you have this on a street then it blocks anybody else from putting a hazard building on that road. Following on from that, another chance card allows you to place a sewage works, power station or a prison on somebody else's street hence making that street earn no rent until they clear it. They can clear it by getting a chance card that gives them a bulldozer.

Anyway, over time you will build up streets and properties, and once you have cash you can put an offer in on someone else's street. They can of course decline the offer. But here is the cool bit, if they don't decline it within 7 days, it is accepted automatically. So you have to log-in once a week at least.

Where this will get interesting is that after the initial rush, I fully expect a lot of people not to bother anymore, so find these people, put in a silly offer and hope they don't log-in for a week. Towards the end of the game (31st Jan 2010) you'll see a lot of this I expect.

Of course, aim is to make more money than anyone, and there is an online leaderboard.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Ian
Old 10 September 2009, 03:38 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

Ah, cheers for the synopsis. Sounds like far too much time involved for me.

I'll see how long before someone puts in a bid for my street then ;o)