Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Indian Call Centres

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2009, 04:29 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Indian Call Centres

Why do people still use these places

Rang dell customer support and to my shock I have India on the other end of the phone.

I really should have known better after I heard the phone dialtone switch to that "foreign" ring tone.

"How may I be helping you"?

Just following instructions and reading the scripts in front of them - *******!

They were scheduled to pick up a part from a home laptop, but now he says that they're not coming today, nor does he know when they are coming, but they'll ring me

Last edited by urban; 21 July 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 21 July 2009, 09:54 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
Why do people still use these places
The companies use them because labour is cheap out there and they speak English as a business language.

The legacy of the British Empire is the world speaks English for business. We should have let France take North America so French would now be the dominate business language and us being so adverse to learning foreign would have required local call centres in Britain.

We use them because we want cheap services. Some companies do advertise that they use English CC's (Natwest, Churchill), but I like my banking with HSBC (who use Indian CC's) and cheap car insurance (because my premium is cheaper as they save money using Indian CC's).

Oh and the ring tone can be seemless, but again cheap technology in place and the ring tone will change - saving money again.
Old 21 July 2009, 01:00 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Got to be honest but I've had to call orange broadband indian call centre twice and on both occasions they've been able to help straight away no problem. Admittedly I knew how to ask questions to gain the right answer but I did'nt have a problem.

On the flip side having to call RSA to get a quote on a change of vehicle was like drawing flipping teath.

"its a 330" "320" "No a 330"

"3 litre" "2 litre" "no 3 litre"

"Its 6000 pounds" "2000 pounds" "No 6, 6000"

she had a fixation with 2s.
Old 22 July 2009, 08:23 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miniman
The companies use them because labour is cheap out there and they speak English as a business language.
We'll the person I tried to talk to on Monday didn't have very good English.
The deal on the 15/07 was that on the 20th on the afternoon someone would come pick up a faulty power supply, but regardless of that I wanted to know where the new part was.
He couldn't grasp this concept, infact he tried to describe that because of the weekend it would be postponed 2 days.

He just kept repeating shyte from a hymn sheet in front of him.
"Someone will be being calling you"
I tried to explain, but I live 14 miles from there.

I've have 1 other experience of Indian call centres with Sky which didn't go terribly well
Another with talktalk which eventually ended with me hanging up as I was getting nowhere.

However, the person I talked to on the 15th with Dell was very good, helpfull, well spoken and lead me to believe that the whole transaction would be very smooth.

Wrong!
Old 22 July 2009, 09:04 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Default My only comment

YouTube - Fonejacker - internet service providings - Fix your script
Old 23 July 2009, 10:39 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I was winding one up yesterday, they rang me up telling me they were going to save me thousands of pounds

By the end i had the bloke convinced i was called " Mr Dog Sh*t" lmfao, i had to hang up as i was crying to much when he said "i now send information Mr Sh*t"
Old 23 July 2009, 06:06 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

We'll, a small update.

Yesterday I rang our Dell business account manager (In Limerick) and asked him would he look after this for me.

He said he would.

Guess what.

Today a replacement power pack arrived at lunchtime and someone from UPS came and collected the faulty unit about 3pm.

Result.