Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need 5mins help from PS3 owner with COD:WaW or Mercs 2

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2009, 10:28 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 5mins help from PS3 owner with COD:WaW or Mercs 2

Can anyone spare 5mins help ? Need an online PS3 owner with COD:WaW or Mercs 2.

Bascially it's the usual story, can't connect to friends invite co-op games in either title. Mercs 2 we get the "The Game is Not Available at This Time" message and COD: WaW won't work either. We can both join other peoples games fine in both titles. I've opened the ports on my router and get Type 2 NAT now so would like to test it out to rule out issues my end.

I need someone to add me to their friends list and I'll send a co-op game invite from either title.

Give me a shout if you can help.
Old 18 April 2009, 10:42 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I traded Merc 2 last week but there is something with that where PAL games can't join NTSC games (why I traded it), can you both join the same games hosted by someone else? Long shot but you never know.
Old 18 April 2009, 10:48 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Cheers Hank. Yes, they're both Pal versions of the game and we can both join other peoples games, it just Friends related. Mercs is 2 player online co-op only and we can join with other people (individually) just not each other. We can join rooms on COD too, but not 2 player co-op by friends invite.

Seems to be a common issue after Googling it, but many have resolved the problem by opening ports or putting the console into the DMZ.

We managed to play MK vs DC fine with voice chat, but not these games.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:14 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

That must annoying. I haven't found anything like that yet, the PS3 has just handled all the online stuff I've wanted to do, I still shudder at the amount of messing around we had to do to get a three player RaceDriver on PC running.
You'd think the developers would use the same base config for this kind of stuff on a console rather than dicking with it.

Good luck!