Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Has anyone else got the infinite ammo bonus after completing Resident evil 5

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2009, 01:40 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone else got the infinite ammo bonus after completing Resident evil 5

Hi all,

Just completed the game with the other half, and we had fully upgraded the pistol and shotgun between us. I was under the impression that when you then get infinite ammo for these guns on the second play though (as well as access to the bonus weapons they unlock, which you have to buy.)

However, pistol ammo and shotgun ammo still deplete as normal. I've looked in the options screen and the infinite ammo for pistol is there, but can't be selected and has no point requirements associated with it. No sign of the shotgun and one I can't turn on or off anything is settings, just adjust the filter, which I understand is a bonus for completing the game.

Anyone know what I have to do to get infinite ammo for fully upgraded weapons?

Thanks in advance,

Ns04
Old 07 April 2009, 01:53 PM
rudi93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Hi all,

Just completed the game with the other half, and we had fully upgraded the pistol and shotgun between us. I was under the impression that when you then get infinite ammo for these guns on the second play though (as well as access to the bonus weapons they unlock, which you have to buy.)

However, pistol ammo and shotgun ammo still deplete as normal. I've looked in the options screen and the infinite ammo for pistol is there, but can't be selected and has no point requirements associated with it. No sign of the shotgun and one I can't turn on or off anything is settings, just adjust the filter, which I understand is a bonus for completing the game.

Anyone know what I have to do to get infinite ammo for fully upgraded weapons?

Thanks in advance,

Ns04
you have to unlock them in the bonus section for points(not ms) then make sure youve got the infinate ammo turned on
Old 07 April 2009, 02:15 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by rudi93
you have to unlock them in the bonus section for points(not ms) then make sure youve got the infinate ammo turned on
At the risk of sounding thick mate. How to I do that? I've seen the infinite ammo bit in the bonus section, but just get an "error" noise if I try and click on it.....also there doesn't seem to be a points value associated with this bonus, it just says something like "---" I would assume I have sufficient points, but have no idea how I can redeem them in this instance.

Ns04
Old 08 April 2009, 11:48 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should say (i think) 6000pts for infinite pistol ammo, various amounts for the others in the bonus features screen, you need to purchase them, and make sure it's turned on when you start a new game, try it single player, if there's another profile signed in it may need to be enabled for both accounts. It may have only unlocked for the person logged in to player 1 slot.

An alternative is to sell your treasure and buy one of the infinite weapon guns (gatling, crossbow, and possibly another), they are 30000 gold but you should have more than enough treasure to sell.
Old 09 April 2009, 09:04 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Yeah i have the unlimited ammo switched on for the pistol, the mp5 and the l-hawk handgun

You have to max out the upgrades on one gun, then unlock the unlimited ammo from the bonus section (ie: the bit where you can buy the figarines).

It makes things quite a bit easier to be honest!

just about finished my 2nd play through on normal (co-op with a mate) and i ham halfway through on veteran mode by myself

Last edited by StickyMicky; 09 April 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12 April 2009, 10:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I am wondering how come nobody on my friends list has got past the first level in mercs mode ?

finished my 3rd play through today, got my Longbow for Sheva and the 3 barrel shotgun