Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Backing up XP

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2009, 09:36 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backing up XP

Afew weeks ago i bought myself a new netbook from PC World, the manual advises to back up the OS onto memory card. Heres my problem i`ve tried a few differant brand cards, some are not rcognised and the others that are will cause an error before backing up. The program for doing this was preinstalled by the Tech Guys from PC World.
I goes into the shop i bought it from tonight hoping they would do it for me but I was told there is an updatethat must be installed to patch up the program, I had all the memory cards with me so he said he would put the patch onto one of them and gave me a print off of what to do.
Anyway I canto the point where the comand prompt opens, from here I must type in E: as this is the drive the patch is on which goes ok I then have to according to the print off type install and press enter, but i get something along the lines of install is not part or regognised as a command.
I`d like to get this on to the stick tonight and not have to take it in tomorrow as I do have a busy weekend does anyone know anything about this, or another way I can get XP onto a 2GB memory stick.