Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Canon bubblejet problem (i965)

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2008, 11:32 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Canon bubblejet problem (i965)

Hi

It seems the colour reproduction of my canaon i965 printer has been a "bit" off recently. But it has since gotten worse, when today I noticed the picture had a distinct blue hue, like there is a lack of yellow.

I checked the status, and indeed, the yellow (along with the cyan and photo cyan) intanks were starting to run low; usually they'll run forever like this without any colour issues.

Anyway. I popped out the ink tanks and the mentioned ones were indeed running low. But the yellow although still containing ink, was no longer containing yellow ink....it had gone a mucky blacky-yellow colour.

So somehow ink has leaked from another ink tank into the yellow one.

Anyone had this problem with a ink-tank type bubble jet before (BCI-6 catridges)? Its always used geniuine canon inks, so was wondering if the print head is on its way out?

I'm going to stick in another yellow and take it from there, but obviously I don't want to go putting in more new ink tanks if the damn thing is going to intermix all the ink all the time - it is used as a photo printer, so colour accuracy is important.

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same; and what they had to do to sort it?

TIA
Old 31 December 2008, 01:11 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Canon S800 (also BCI-6) has had similar problems in the past, especially when I don't use it for sometime. Doing a nozzle clean might work, but you may find you have to get more aggressive.

No amount of in machine cleaning made any difference to mine. I removed the head and all cartridges, and soaked the nozzle apertures in Propanal from both sides, then gently blasted with compressed air.
It's a bit extreme but if you've tried all other methods, you've got nothing to loose. Mine has worked perfectly ever since.

Obviously don’t re-use the contaminated cartridges.

Allan
Old 31 December 2008, 05:00 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Cheers, I think it might be looking that way; I've replaced the contaminated cartidges and done some nozzle cleans, but colours are still not quite right.

Might have to get a bit more drastic with the isopropyl alcohol, as you say.

Its not used that frequently, as I have a laser for day to day stuff, so I guess its starting to take its toll

Thanks (and HNY )
Old 01 January 2009, 07:41 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts