Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PS3....What do i need for online gaming??

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2008, 02:22 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS3....What do i need for online gaming??

Hi folks, need quick answer here, getting a PS3 at 4pm today and need to know what i need to connect to internet for online gaming, and also how do i connect for the first time, or set it up?

Does the PS3 come with all i need like an ethernet cable to phone socket or do i need to buy an extra package in the store?

Also what stores have the best deals and what package should i go for?

I had a PS2 and wanted backwards compatibility but i realise now?

Cheers everyone

Last edited by RB5 Boyo; 28 December 2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 28 December 2008, 02:27 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have wireless broadband already you wont need anything if you don't then yes you will need a cable to connect it( cant remember if it comes with it or not ). Try the usual places for deals, game station, game , hmv. Just have a look about and see whats on offer. The 60gb ones ( the first one that came out are the only backwards compatible ones )
Old 28 December 2008, 02:33 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, yes i have a wireless BT Home Hub so should be ok then....any idea on good games? I like driving games and the usual but dont really wanna be spending much more than £300 which seems to be the package price in the stores with the usual 'select games' like these:

PS3 80GB Console with LittleBigPlanet + Motorstorm: Pacific Rift + Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty - PlayStation 3 - GAME.co.uk

PS3 80GB Console with Call of Duty: World at War + Resistance 2 - PlayStation 3 - GAME.co.uk

Any good, or would i be better getting the bare console and say GT5 Prologue or something??

Cheers....gotta be quick here lol as im leaving at 3.30pm to get to the shops
Old 28 December 2008, 02:38 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The home hub is what i have as well so you will be fine connecting it wireless. As far as driving games go i am a bit out of touch with those, i got gt prologue but didn't really enjoy it. I loved Colin Mcrae dirt when it came out. For me Call of duty is a must. Cod 4 online is fantastic, i am playing cod5 at the moment and its good but the older weapons arent as good.
Old 28 December 2008, 03:10 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Ok, thanks folks, im off now to see what i get....will report back later lol