Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Removing norton av from new vista laptop ??

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2008, 10:36 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing norton av from new vista laptop ??

Hi, trying to remove windows viata from my sons new laptop, have ran the official symantec norton removal tool before when I had to do similar on my own windows xp pc but I see from there website that the product code key is required ?? not sure I actually have this as the software was pre installed on the pc to start with as supplied.

can I use the add / remove programmes on viata and then run this removal tool or just use the removal tool on its own ??

bit confused ??!!
Old 26 December 2008, 08:31 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

You should be able to uninstall from add/remove programmes, in my experience recent Norton stuff has removed with it's own uninstaller quite smoothly.
Old 26 December 2008, 08:46 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G00ner
You should be able to uninstall from add/remove programmes, in my experience recent Norton stuff has removed with it's own uninstaller quite smoothly.
Okay thanks, yep just used add / remove programmes within vista to remove Norton which fingers crossed has so far worked out okay, think this may have been becuase although the norton av was on the pc it had never actualy been used ie had not had a chance to get into the system !!!

have heard that for some reason the add / remove programmes within vista is much more efficent than the xp version.

other than vista thou cant say I agrea with you that the add / remove programmes facility does the job 100% so much so that Norton themselves offer a free download to get rid off the left overs.