Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPod Nano 4G - iPod 5G dock?

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2008, 10:20 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question iPod Nano 4G - iPod 5G dock?

Hi,

Does anybody know if an iPod Nano 4G can be used with an iPod 5G dock (for connection to a stereo)?

Also, how do you log a new question on the Apple support forum?!? I just can't see how to add a new post.
Frustrated!

See here for the 4G Nano:

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPod nano (4th generation)

Cheers.
Old 10 December 2008, 01:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Looking at the page for the Apple Universal Dock on the Apple Store, it indicates that it will allow you to use it with an 5G iPod and also 4G iPod Nano. My guess is that it simply uses a difference adapter depending on the model.

As for the Support Discussions, Do you have an Apple ID? I think an iTunes Store account is classified as an Apple ID. If you don't have an Apple ID then you'll need to create one, as you cannot post to the discussion forums as a guest, you have to be logged in with an apple ID
Old 10 December 2008, 02:24 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply.

I think I should have been more specific. It's actually a Kensington iPod audio dock that I want to connect the 4G Nano to.

The Nano didn't come with any adapters.

I use the dock for my 5G iPod (30GB).

Regarding the iPod forums, yes, I do have an ID and I was logged on when trying to post, but couldn't see a 'new post' button anywhere.
Old 10 December 2008, 03:38 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware, the 5G and 4G use the same dock connector, so I would have thought they'd both be able to connect to the dock. Did the dock come with any adaptor plates? It's not a massive problem if it did not, and actually might be better as it means that any iPod with a Dock connector should be able to fit into the dock.