Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Why does my IE7 keep on crashing in vista ?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2008, 09:19 AM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my IE7 keep on crashing in vista ?

I know what some of the first answers will be, use a different browser like firefox or opera etc.

I do have firefox, what i want to know is why is my IE7 forever crashing and freezing in windows vista ?

I have run sfc /scannow and it comes back with no issues, i have reset IE7 to default plus i have done a total reset in the advanced tab under internet options. You name it and i have tried it, its still freezing and crashing with no add ons running. Any ideas as to why its doing this, it hangs, freezes, locks up and crashes and usually i have to close it via task manager.
Old 19 November 2008, 09:50 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

It must be a recent update as mine has been fine every since Vista was released and in the past few weeks I have had nothing but crashes: It just appears to 'lock up' on a particular website that was fine a moment before and I have to end the task.

Steve
Old 19 November 2008, 10:01 AM
JT386
Scooby Regular

if you are using a third party firewall this can sometimes get a little confused and decide to stop IE from working, just check you permissions regarding IE7 somewhere along the line when its prompted you to allow or block something you may have accidently clicked block, but in short yeah, use firefox its better and faster
Old 19 November 2008, 10:08 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Firefox is slower on my machines, doesn't display pages properly, and has had a number of security issues recently which make me nervous about using it

Could almost be anything causing this problem. Have you installed any other software on the machine recently (not necessarily internet related)? I've seem this sort of thing caused by other programs "updating" shared files etc...
Old 20 November 2008, 03:05 PM
bibicoz
Scooby Regular

try flock as a browser i use this all the time was recommended it at uni