Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Microsoft Project Help

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2008, 06:04 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsoft Project Help

I'll try and explain this as simple as possible.

I have a project with several tasks all linked. I'd like to copy most of those tasks (we'll call them paragraph 1)to appear in a space below and put a link in from the last task of "paragraph 1" to the 1st task in the copied "paragraph 2" if that makes sense..
That bit is an easy cut-and-paste.
The problem is that the dates in the copied part (paragraph 2) stay the same as the original (paragraph 1) even if I change the links around.

The only way I could do it was just to copy the task data without the links. Trouble is some of the links are complex which mean I'd have to re-type them all to refer to their new task numbers.

I need to ultimately make several copies of paragraph 1 to repeat below and it may take ages :

Can anyone help?

Nick
Old 01 October 2008, 06:24 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I've understood correctly, can you not make the first element of paragraph 2 have a predecessor of the last task of paragraph 1, so that that group must be started after all of paragraph 1 is finished?

Or, if you roll each paragraph into an overall task, so a blank task directly above paragraph 1, select all of paragraph 1, press the "indent right" button. Similar for paragraph 2, then make the "empty" overall task of paragraph 2 have a predecessor of the "empty" overall task of paragraph 1?

Depends how dates are setup for sub tasks I think.