Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any SAP gurus here?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2008, 10:22 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Any SAP gurus here?

i have a slight quandry, i need to find a report that will give me a total mileage for any given year, and i cannot think/find which transaction to use!!

ths is for our companies emissions/carbon footprint

has any one out there got an indication?

thanks in advance
Old 05 June 2008, 01:52 PM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by munna
i have a slight quandry, i need to find a report that will give me a total mileage for any given year, and i cannot think/find which transaction to use!!

ths is for our companies emissions/carbon footprint

has any one out there got an indication?

thanks in advance
Depends on your BW setup. in our BW we use LX02 for pretty much everything as its customisable.
Which Server are you accessing? We use APO & EB7 for Nestle.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:26 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi

its ok, i have found the transaction S_AHR_61016401, which is kind of ok..but only gives the mileage claimed by the individual, and not against project codes, a little manipulation and another transaction CJI3 and hey presto!!..

We only use BW for our portal software, and use SAP R/3 for our backend
Old 06 June 2008, 12:32 PM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by munna
hi

its ok, i have found the transaction S_AHR_61016401, which is kind of ok..but only gives the mileage claimed by the individual, and not against project codes, a little manipulation and another transaction CJI3 and hey presto!!..

We only use BW for our portal software, and use SAP R/3 for our backend

I use both, portal for everyday and GUI for advanced use. I prefer GUI as it doesnt time out so regularly.
The T_code setup you have is different to ours, but it depends on you usage and requirements. Nestle stock system is all SAP driven through Globe.
I would imaging all reports of that nature would be C---- as thats master data & BOM data.
Old 06 June 2008, 03:17 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

our company is capita symonds, part of the capita group, GUI rocks, leave the portal system for users, who like neat functionality, and GUI for us!!..

ours tuns the entire company, from forcasting, financials, reporting, invoicing, project and bid management, not to mention HR, SD, FI..the works!!..(Big ball ache mate!!)

our reports are all of mixed origin, some with S_ C_ and so on...hence the ball ache..its nice to find another SAP dude here..support the symonds side of the company, 4000 users, and only 2 of us!!..with the backing of group for the FI,HR and SD side, i look after all of the Project Systoms side..it can be boring somethimes, and other times..MENTAL...!
Old 06 June 2008, 06:18 PM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

Definitely agree, it is a ball ache!
Ours manages the entire Nestle HR, accounts, BW, Status, MF63 reports, Team rooms, plus loads more which we dont have anything to do with,they even have a Nestle forum, which i regularly contribute too...I am due to attend a Super User course in York soon, majority of our system issues are dealt with in Vevey, Switzerland. There are some local issues we deal with ourself. You do well to manage 4000 users, we have a pool of 168 users to manage on our site, that is bad enough!!

Mind you, most of those are RF users, which simplifies things a tad.

Like wise its nice to know the work we do is not a foreign language, as SAP is spreading into most companies, as AS400 is out dated, but more reliable lol!
Old 07 June 2008, 12:45 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

true, lucky for us, that Capita group is so big, that the work load is spread out, most of the crap that we have to deal with hapens at month end, other than that its quite placid!!..i come from a pur IT back ground, so the transgression into SAP was quite hard for me..we have SAP admin who deal with new users, then they have another team that deal with access and CVR Data, and role assignation, then we have the SD team, who deal with the sales and invoices side,then FI and so on and so on...its such a complicated set up within capita..then we sit in the middle supporting Capita Symonds, which is a company that sits under groups massive umbrella..!!..so all of the PS side..belongs to me and my collegue!!..not bad, i have only been in the game for 5 and a little months..but its true, SAP is getting massive, which is why i am glad of the opportunity that i got to join the band wagon..a little today will mean alot tommorrow...and hey, lets face it...eventually when i can excel at PS i can consult and command...mmmmmm...quite alot..!!..look me up next time you visit the factory in dalston carlisle..thats if you do..

Trending Topics

Old 07 June 2008, 10:53 AM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

A few suggestions you may already have in place, ask your admin to set up SAP roles, this simplifies new users accounts as the authorisations are already set up. They then template these and assign a role number.
I agree the transgression can be complex and confusing, SAP has a unique language of its own, and works like no MS software does.
Do your SAP end users have grief at month end? We cant process reports for some reason, but they are working to fix it at present.
We deal with new user accounts, password resets etc so we get lumbered with it all too...

All of our connections are dealt with by Citrix, so that alleviates a lot of connection problems. Mind you, we did have some clot pull out our fibre optic cables a while back, which lost all connectivity. Near £400 just for an engineer to re terminate went down well

If I am in the area, I would look you up and see the setup, it sounds well organised.
Like you I come from an IT background, my last company was different and MS driven.

Where you would benefit would be a forum, we use our regularly to find answers and give advice. Each user giving answers gets awarded points for correct answers, I have 40 points so far!
It gives you indication of their SAP ability and knowledge.
You could look up Wikipedia for SAP too, it might be generalised but translatable for your business.
Old 08 June 2008, 12:23 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Wink

hey

all the above are in place..Group have already got that in place, we think its ****..the way its all ran and done, but when you think about the logistics behind the thinking..group support on or around 20k users!!..so i suppose they can be forgiven for fecking it up...sometimes!!

on top of that we have frango and ebydos to deal with, so great company to work for, for progression, and deviation..but **** for getting it right..!(disclaimer...said in jest!!)

we do need a forum though..thats one thing that a company of our magnitude need..it should be easy as **** to set up, considering that we have the cream of the crop, of every IT function needed..citrix is good, if only we had pure citrix connections just for the sole use of SAP, but the whole back end is due to go onto new world servers by the end of this year, primeraly IBM Blades..

all i can say buddy...we climb a ladder, a ladder with a **** load of steps...!...mmmm i long for the days of Pure IT...i really do, but given our background we have the advantage over non IT persons in SAP(which thre are loads of..one trick ponies the lot of them!!)...we can solve problems that may be LAN/WAN related or hardware/software related, quicker than they can..!!