Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nvidia HDMI Audiowave Issues

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2008, 10:57 PM
John@TunerUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nvidia HDMI Audiowave Issues

Howdy everyone, I've got a bit of an annoying issue with the audio coming over hdmi from my abit AN M2HD motherboard.
DVD's play fine, including both Dolby and DTS output, and all of my TV recordings play fine, but any audio file plays much faster than it should do no matter what program I use. It sounds like Alvin and the chipmunks have invaded my PC! MP3's, FLAC's and WMA Lossless are all affected.
I've narrowed it down to a fault with the nVidia HDMI Audiowave renderer.
By using a different renderer I got sound played at the correct speed, but really crackly, which wasn't really an option. To the best of my knowledge I've got the latest nVidia drivers installed, which I downloaded off the abit website since the nvidia website didn't seem to include any HDMI audio drivers, just graphics one's. I've emailed abit, but so far got no response, and I've trawled google for hours on end with no results. So I've kind of run out of ideas and I'm looking for any suggestions.
Are codecs involved with this sort of problem? Or is there some secret setting in windows that I don't know about?

Cheers in advance

John
Old 27 March 2008, 01:09 AM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Your motherboard uses the nForce 630a chipset with GeForce 7050. You can download the latest driver from Nvidia's site here:
nForce 630a

Note this is the Windows XP driver, dated May 3rd 2007
Old 27 March 2008, 11:09 AM
John@TunerUK
Scooby Regular

I saw that page, but didn't see any hdmi stuff. I'm downloading it now though and hopefully that'll sort it out. Cheers for the info
Old 27 March 2008, 08:11 PM
John@TunerUK
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately that didn't include any updates for the nVidia HDMI Audiowave renderer. Is there anything else I can try? Some setting in bios perhaps? Some codec setting? Anything really? I've got a HTPC sat here that I can't play any audio files properly which kinda defies a major point of it's existence