Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

orange dial up / broadband ??

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2008, 10:05 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default orange dial up / broadband ??

Hi recently had to re-formatt my pc and obviously had to install all programmes / software etc, currantly with orange broadband 2MB service, recently had an email from them saying that since I had not used my dial up service for over 7 months that if I did not use the account again within the next five days I would loose it. just a bit worried that I have possibly configured my set up for using dial up pay as you go broadband if there is such a thing with orange ??!!

currantly paying around £15 a month for there 2mb service

anyone any ideas re. this dial up orange service ??
Old 22 March 2008, 03:23 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

thats their Anytime service, basically they are trying to migrate customers away from dialup to Broadband. Not sure why you would want to pay that much for a dial up service when you can get broadband for about the same.
Old 22 March 2008, 07:31 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
thats their Anytime service, basically they are trying to migrate customers away from dialup to Broadband. Not sure why you would want to pay that much for a dial up service when you can get broadband for about the same.
okay mate seems I am on the broadband starter package priced at £14.99, took the package out when it was with wanadoo and to be honest not had any problems to speak about hence still being with them, according to my connection speed it is showing as 608.0Kbps, which if correct is well time for a change !!

think the thing that did confuse me was this refrence to dial up ?? as I say always had broadband with them and again received an email from them saying that if I did not log onto my dial up service wihin five days my account would be closed along with any associatted email addresses as it had been seven months since last used ?? anyway five days later one off my email addresses is no longer valid ??

was just a bit worried that I was using some sort off dial up connection ?? I take it if I was the home phoneline would being used as oposed to having this second line that is normally associatted with broadband ??

have decided that it is tome for a change, am seriosuly considering changing to either Sky broadband or Plusnet just wonder if anyone has any dealings with orange in trying to get migration code etc also just wonder if I am tied in for a length off contract - not sure ??