Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Problem on STi Server

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2002, 10:40 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Orbv, Mike

Have you done any configuration changes to the server in the last 2 weeks.

Went on the server tonight, for 10mins I was fine expect for I was experiencing heavy lag. I therefore decided to reconnect. Upon reconnection I lost all my key mapping
After remapping all my keys I discovered I couldn't use the mouse to look around when I moved. Yet using the mouse to look aroung when I was stationary was fine.
To confirm that it wasn't a simple configuration issue as I have checked evrything under control/advanced setting. I created my own LAN game. The mouse and all keys worked as they should do.

So, obrv or Mike have u come across this problem before as I don't fancy re-installing HL / CS mainly due too I haven't got the updates anymore.

Cheers
rr

[Edited by roadrunner - 1/24/2002 10:42:17 PM]
Old 25 January 2002, 12:25 AM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Cool

rr,
I might be going to the Cov goes Leicester meet. If you are going I can burn a cd out with all the updates.

H
Old 25 January 2002, 09:51 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

lots of updates to the server but none after Sunday (by me anyway). Some of the anticheat software will unbind your keys when a cheat is found to make the cheaters sitting ducks for 20/30 seconds before being kicked.

This was not activated on the STi or Rouge server. Expect this has not been changed as you were not banned.
Old 25 January 2002, 10:35 AM
Mike Burton
Scooby Regular

I've not changed anything on the locked server (except trash >10k of log files...)

Hashed out some vote funtions on the public thought after a complaint from a long time user about ppl just starting votes to change map all the the time, and kicking random ppl.

The anti cheat stuff is enough on public IMHO.

Been very busy over the last week or so, went to work just after midnight last night to do a server swap out.

--
Mike
Old 25 January 2002, 11:20 AM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for the quick response.

My PC is due for a software rebuild anyway so this weekend I might just blow the sucker away and cross my fingers the next time I log onto the rogue server

rr