Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT Home Hub

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2008, 09:02 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BT Home Hub

Ok, i have just started to use the bt home hub as i needed 2 ethernet connections.
Tried to setup the lappy, the xbox & the N95 via wireless the other night & after much fecking about i figured out the hub was faulty, so i ordered a new one seeing as i couldnt be bothered arguing with them & with someone in india that the hub was indeed faulty & that i required a new one.

So tonight i come home & thought **** it, i spend £26 a month for my bb & i at least deserve a decent service for my money.

Goes on the phone (4p a minute ), on hold for 10 minutes & then i got through, girl takes me through all the basics even after i explained to her that the hub wasnt sending out an ip address wirelessy, blah blah & she then gets to the same conclusion. "Sir you have to turn off the hub for 24 hours" eh ??? I have just told her its been off for 6 weeks. Wont listen to me. Sir blah blah. I told her the hub is faulty, no sir blah blah

So me the red faced scotmans goes off on one blah blah, team leader, supervisor, no one available. blah blah, someone will call you back,

Unfeckinbelievable these people. So i have just fired off a nice lovely email to BT no doubt i will get nothin back but its always fantastic to have a wee rant.

'moff for some stella
Old 11 March 2008, 10:35 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

ive got a home hub, had no trouble what so ever but i do agree about the call center idiots, they are priceless :P
Old 12 March 2008, 12:14 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Its frightening how thick this organisation are.

Scarey
Old 12 March 2008, 12:17 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

BT Home hub is great - Until you have a problem. Of course us geeks are usually ok - But my old man got told by BT to fix his wireless problem by connecting an ethernet cable whenever he awnted to use the internet and also to uninstall outlook because it is known to cause issues with broadband.
Old 12 March 2008, 12:20 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I was told to turn it off for 24hrs so it could download an update, i told the girl it was connected 6 weeks ago & turned off 48hrs later & i still has the same problems.

The phone also doesnt work so its quite obvious the router has an issue.
Old 12 March 2008, 12:22 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i have 2 home hubs, the 1st one i got was crap, never worked, really random

the second i was given a few weeks back by my mam, as bt sent her 2 for some reason, this ones new, v1.5 or something like that, works spot on, don't think its disconnected yet

it just worked straight out the box, with no messing, even xbox live
Old 12 March 2008, 09:16 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Micky, thats what i am trying to say to these clowns at BT, it should just work "out" of the box.
Old 12 March 2008, 09:46 AM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
BT Home hub is great - Until you have a problem.
Totally agree ... had mine the best part of two years, and only had a couple of minor problems, but getting them sorted was painful. Only other problem I had was setting up direct debit payment, conversation was going nowhere fast, complained via e-mail and got a £10 refund ... worth it for a 5 minute vent of frustration!!
Old 12 March 2008, 12:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Micky, thats what i am trying to say to these clowns at BT, it should just work "out" of the box.
agreed, i never had to adjust anything, i never even installed the software that came with it, i removed a bt voyager and plugged in the home hub and it just worked, no port forwarding, no "STRICT NAT" issues, nothing

googling "home hub faults" brings up endless amounts, i think they are just made farrrrrr toooooo cheaply and have suffered as a result, do you need the wireless part ? if you are just using "wired" stuff i had picked up a wired 4 port bt voyager 240 on ebay for about £8 last year.

worked 100% of the time, i had added a small wireless access point to the network, just so i could browse the **** sites while on the toilet
but the 360 and desktop etc etc were all connected up with proper cables
Old 12 March 2008, 01:48 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

It was the wireless part i required. All lights are flickering & staying solid, lappy is saying connected but wants to work offline. They dont have a clue. Just waiting on delivery of my netgear "out of the box" router & bt can shove any chance of a renewal. *****
Old 12 March 2008, 09:22 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

don’t even get me started on BT ……. I have had my Web down for 2 weeks and spent 5 hours + on the phone to them I have had a engineer no show and a manger than never bothered to phone me back … customer service has been shocking ….

When you have finished with them on the phone they always say "is there anything else I can help you with ……."