Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Heads up For AOL users

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2008, 05:10 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads up For AOL users

Glad im getting rid of it in the very near future. But for others sticking with it you might find this usefull in the near future.

Today i tried getting online but wasnt very sucessfull. Resarted my router serveral times too no avail. Unplugged it etc etc and left it for a wile & still coudlnt get on.

On numerous occasions in the past AOL have suspended my account, most recently on sunday for apparently sending unsolicited bulk mail. When that happens usually there is a message friom AOL saying Terms of service voilated please contact customer services. But today got nothing like that justa error message. All my router settings were fine and the AOl icon said a connection was available. But could i hell get online.

So i gave up and rang AOL tech suport. They said there was nothing wrong with my account, and everything was fine there end. Got put through endless tasks of resarting router etc which i had already done several times.

Mr Singh couldnt find the problem so passed me through too another level of suport. (Que another hour on hold).

This bloke then decided too go through my router a settings.

Since i got my router it has worked fine using the settings i had. For the username it was the main AOL account email address. "username"@aol.com.

But now they have changed it. You now have too enter your home telephone number followed by @dialbb.com.

The ***** could have told me. Had a browse on net and allot of other people have had the same problem.

Its something too do with them migrating users over too the TalkTalk and carphone warehouse network.

Dont care about them changing networks, iv been expecing it for a wile in some form. But i would have been common decency too tell me about having too connect differently.

So if your on AOL remember "phonenumber"@dialbb.com

No doubt the same will happen too yourself in the near future.
Old 04 March 2008, 10:54 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds strange ive got aol and never had a single problem in about 4 years but will be expecting it now cheers for the heads up