Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Windows Media Center - Duplicating artists & albums when it doesn't need to.

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2008, 12:52 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Media Center - Duplicating artists & albums when it doesn't need to.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a clue how to stop WMC from duplicating artists/albums when it doesn't need to.

I've been trying to sort it out for a while, checking that everything has the correct spellings but can't seem to get it to file everything correctly. The current offender is Mark Ronson's Version.

WMC is listing Version twice under Albums although all files have the correct spellings of Artist, album name, year produced etc. Any ideas on how to get them all to appear as the same album?

Some other artists it just skips some songs even though they are in the same format...
Old 19 January 2008, 01:02 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem mate, its to do with the tags on the mp3. you need them to be all tagged the same (not just named) i.e. album, artist etc. do a google search on ID3 tagging.

as a side note. I found that album art wasnt displyed properly and found the fault to be with IE 7, revert back to IE 6 and alls well now

Cheers

Phil