Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Leopard Kernel Panic

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2007, 10:24 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leopard Kernel Panic

I have found my first real problem with Leopard.

When I plug in my Windows Mobile to the USB port I get an immediate kernel panic and have to shut down.

It happens irrespective of what software I am running at the time. Without the mobile plugged Missing Synch seems to run fine.
Old 29 November 2007, 10:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

David, are you running the beta 4.0.2 version of Missing Sync for Leopard? If not, you could try installing it and see if it makes a different. Have a look here for a download link, plus that will also allow you to see the known issues with 4.0.1.

I did a quick google and found a post on the mark/space forum which makes mention of a KP from Missing Sync when a device is plugged in via USB. Ok, they are running the BlackBerry version of MS, but it's not too unexpected that you'd see this with the windows mobile version.

There is a comment on that thread from a mod saying that the BB should be fully booted and awake before plugging it in, so make sure your Windows Mobile is booted and awake, then plug it in and see if you get a KP.
Old 29 November 2007, 11:15 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Thanks Markus - it was doing a KP straight away even before initiating Missing Sync. However it has to be worth a try

Just had a check - I am actually running MS 3.0!! That probably does not help. I am also stuck as I cannot access my MS account as my email is down/hacked

Last edited by Trout; 29 November 2007 at 11:42 PM.