Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Using LCD TV as monitor... weird problem??

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2007, 02:48 PM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using LCD TV as monitor... weird problem??

I have a near new LG LCD TV and a brand new HP laptop. I connected the DVI cable to the TV and the other end to the laptop but for some reason i dont get any picture.?

The laptop recognises the TV as it immediatly came up on the screen which model of TV i had just connected it to.

The wife began to get annoyed that i was interupting one of her programs so i swiched to PIP (picture in picture) very handy feature!!! lol.

As soon as i selected the input i wanted for the PIP i could see what was displayed on the laptop... when i turn PIP off or swap inputs the TV screen just goes black wih 'No signal' displayed on the TV.

What am i doing wrong?
Old 24 October 2007, 09:42 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Have you got your refresh rate set correctly? And also changed to make your T.V the default monitor within the graphics card properties?
Old 25 October 2007, 12:01 AM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
Have you got your refresh rate set correctly? And also changed to make your T.V the default monitor within the graphics card properties?
when i connect the TV to the PC the Nvidia control pannel opens up and gives me 3 choices,

Clone, LCD TV only or Split desktop it doesnt matter what i pick the screen on the TV constantly says "no signal".

There is an options menu for the TV but it wont let me modify anything, refresh rate etc are all grey'd out!

Cheers
Old 26 October 2007, 10:05 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob2006
when i connect the TV to the PC the Nvidia control pannel opens up and gives me 3 choices,

Clone, LCD TV only or Split desktop it doesnt matter what i pick the screen on the TV constantly says "no signal".

There is an options menu for the TV but it wont let me modify anything, refresh rate etc are all grey'd out!

Cheers
The refresh settings are part of the graphics card settings on your PC. If that doesn't work I would try using a 15-pin VGA cable to your T.V if it has the facility to accept one. That's what I use on my 23" Samsung HD LCD to connect my PC up to. Abnd have no issue with a picture. But I have to set the graphics card refresh to 60hz.