Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another Virgin media Rant :D

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2007, 10:46 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Virgin media Rant :D

Noticed yesteray morning I had no Interent, and when I got in from work it was still off

Did all the usual turning off the cable for 5 mins etc, didnt make any difference so phoned up virgin to be told I now have to phone a money printing phone number and I would be charged more than my working hourly rate to get help

Anyway previsouly I used to get through very quickly and there was always a status announcment if any issues were known

after 15 minutes of the phone ringing someone finally answers, and proceeds to start through his script of questions and actions

eventually he realises which posttown I am in, and tells me 'oh we have been having problems in that area and they arent scheduled to be fixed just yet, and it should be fixed by 10am today, however if they still havent been resolved by 10pm this evening then phone back (so we can fleece you some more)'

Dont Virgin have an SLA with end users, or when they cant be bothered to reboot the DHCP server its tough luck on us end users, and we have to wait till they can be bothered to fix the problem