Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Iphone......hang on there could be a new one coming

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2007, 04:12 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Iphone......hang on there could be a new one coming

I was thinking of swapping my moto out for this, but recent reports may mean a better version is out soon

http://macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/ne...m?newsid=19346
Old 11 October 2007, 05:30 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an extremely quick refresh for an Apple product. I could see them doing it this time next year, as it'd have been out for a year, and nearly close to a year for non US markets. It will be interesting to see if there is any truth to the rumor, but they would be narking off a whole lot of users, who are already narked at the $200 price drop on the iPhone.
Old 11 October 2007, 05:39 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus
That's an extremely quick refresh for an Apple product. I could see them doing it this time next year, as it'd have been out for a year, and nearly close to a year for non US markets. It will be interesting to see if there is any truth to the rumor, but they would be narking off a whole lot of users, who are already narked at the $200 price drop on the iPhone.

apple worried about narking off users...nah, perish the thought
Old 11 October 2007, 06:45 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And all the court cases over the web roaming costs in the US of A will need sorting out pronto aswell. I wouldn`t touch one with a barge pole for a long time yet.
Old 11 October 2007, 08:21 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Web roaming? Is this anything to do with the person who took their iPhone abroad and got a huge bill due to it being set to collect emails, and thus he incurred roaming charges? If so then perhaps he should have either turned off the collect email bits, or actually turned off the iPhone, rather than just let it sleep. I'll accept that the documentation on the Sleep/Wake button isn't that good, and that it's not overly clear that the button does just sleep the phone and not totally turn it off.

Roaming charges are an issue with AT&T and not specifically Apple. Yes they make the phone, but they aren't the network provider, nor do they want to be, hence why they partnered with someone.

At least the US has the iPhone, we poor Canadians haven't got it yet, well, not officially, there are a few using US iPhones with Rogers/Fido, but the data rates are obscene.