Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dabs.com - Most disgusting service I've ever received.

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2007, 04:27 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dabs.com - Most disgusting service I've ever received.

This was a real shame. After spending 20+mins waiting for a 'live chat' regarding an order that had been blocked for Anti-fraud reasons, it ended up with them loosing a monitor sale and my custom forever.

Working in the IT Security field, the anti-fraud measures were welcome, however the live chat got within a hundred miles of even understanding my issue about needing to re-order the item.

The operator 'Scott' obviously had no idea what I was typing and proceeded to let fly some pre-written scripts that ignored the fact that I'd actually done what he was telling me to do again...

I was then promptly disconnected with a curt goodbye... So much for Treating Customers fairly...

Beware...

Last edited by Alan C; 01 October 2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01 October 2007, 04:46 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

If a company isn't contactable by phone I don't use them.
Old 01 October 2007, 05:02 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I have used them once. They completely ****ed up my order and completely ignored my delivery instructions (despite having paid the extra premuim) and I then had the hassle of getting a refund out of them.

I would never use them again, and actively discourage anyone that need to buy computer equipment from using them - You know "Who should I buy from?"
"Anyone but dabs" is the reply.
Old 01 October 2007, 05:06 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

You know when you get that warm fuzzy feeling you're not alone
Old 01 October 2007, 05:25 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Conversely, I've ordered a few things from them over the years and never had a problem. I tend to use overclockers or scan these days though...
Old 01 October 2007, 06:10 PM
Simes777
Scooby Regular

Well I've not had a problem with them - had a monitor and a smartphone recently which were both delivered on time.

Maybe I'm just lucky......
Old 01 October 2007, 06:32 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

I'd be surprised if a company like Dabs has a 100% bad record. They wouldn't be in business if they did.

What I didn't add was that I've had a few issues previously with past orders, but this is the first time I've ever had to get some support. My company are big on a FSA standard called Treating Customers Fairly and I've spent a lot of time making sure my customers get the best service possible.

I'm not blaming 'scott', I simply got the feeling that the service has degraded badly and the support desk SLA's for speak & wrap times are so strict that he simply had get rid of me ASAP to keep his numbers whilst juggling a few other people in other screens. No thought at all to the amount of time I'd already spent doing the stuff he was asking me to do again... I tried to tell him three times that I'd sent the emails needed over a week ago, and in triplicate, but simply got a brush off response...

I'd given them over a week's worth of benefit from my initial order...but the service does seem to push for the numbers rather than customer satisfaction...

Hopefully a trend that's not affecting other retailers.

Last edited by Alan C; 01 October 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 01 October 2007, 06:47 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

We deal with them fairly regular.

We also deal with a 'Scott' (although think he's away right now) He's pretty good for us though I have to admit, we are never 100% certain that a delivery will arrive on time.
Old 02 October 2007, 09:18 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Only ever used Dabs for price comparison
Old 02 October 2007, 10:11 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Have also cancelled my account. Ordered some stuff one Thurs evening before their 7:30 cut off and expected it the next day. However payment was n't taken till after 7:30 so delivery was to be the next Monday. No where did it say on the order exactly which day it was supposed to be so i assumed Friday.

I contacted live chat and explained I no longer wanted the items as would go and buy from local supplier (needed b4 weekend). They said fine but i would need to return. The courier company couldn't find my house on the Monday and I was away the rest of that week. It was returned to dabs and they refunded less the delivery charges.
Old 02 October 2007, 12:15 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Think I've used them once. Went OK, but I hear many a tale of woe.

I use overclockers for pretty much everything and I've read a few bad experiences there but I've found them OK. Only had one issue with a LCD monitor I bought from them but that was mostly down to the monitor being sh*te rather than their service.

Also had a DOA motherboard but they replaced it no problems.
Old 02 October 2007, 12:57 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

ive not used them but read plenty of horror stories, but its liek everything you generally dont hear about the positives.

I tend to just use Aria now did used to use scan but my last order last tuesday was due to be delivered on the thursday (despite paying for a next day delivery) however on the Thursday I checked my email and they said that the order had been delayed but I would still get a next day delivery for the Friday. I cancelled the order. Worse problem was with my account they are supposed to text me updates but they didnt!
Old 02 October 2007, 01:00 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

Overclockers, pah, had a nitemare when I got a new MB CPU and RAM, built it, flashed it from the Official website with the (official)bios. 1 Trashed MB. (un)support (gleefully) said I had invalidated the warranty (tossers) and to sod off. Asked to speak to Manager and they said no. He wont speak to you! Fortunately I learnt about the distance selling act of consumer rights. And sent it all back (and compalined to PC PRo!). Overclockers??? warranty dodgers!
Sorry to hijack.
Old 02 October 2007, 01:35 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gymbal
Sorry to hijack.
No Hijack mate, just another tail of woe.. However, I took my order to eBuyer yestderday (on the same day I sent my 'Mr Angry' email to DABS) and I paid through PayPal in seconds and received 4 emails informing me of the completed steps to authoirise and payment.. then another to tell me the goods would be with me today.

Fingers crossed.
Old 02 October 2007, 01:39 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Used Dabs for over 7 years now and never had an issue, probably spent a few grand with them now.

They have recently been bought by BT AFAIK though
Old 02 October 2007, 01:50 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
The kiss of death.
Old 02 October 2007, 06:04 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
From their 'About Us' on their website.... Bought by BT in April 2006.

Originally Posted by rik1471
The kiss of death.
Appears they've been kissed then...
Old 02 October 2007, 06:05 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymbal
Overclockers, pah, had a nitemare when I got a new MB CPU and RAM, built it, flashed it from the Official website with the (official)bios. 1 Trashed MB. (un)support (gleefully) said I had invalidated the warranty (tossers) and to sod off. Asked to speak to Manager and they said no. He wont speak to you! Fortunately I learnt about the distance selling act of consumer rights. And sent it all back (and compalined to PC PRo!). Overclockers??? warranty dodgers!
Sorry to hijack.

Actually flashing the bios does invalidate your warranty, silly i know but there you go.

I use ADMI Limited - AWD-IT - Computer components video memory hdd motherboard pc modding hardware software abit asus

Guy called b3any runs it and is also on msn, top guy who does his best to accommodate, and best of all he doesn't use city link.

Last edited by hux309; 02 October 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 31 October 2007, 05:39 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'm not so sure flashing a BIOS invalidates a warranty. Not when the manufacturer of the product has built the board expecting it to accept a new BIOS flash. Sales of Goods Act would kick in with the item not being fit for purpose. It would be like claiming plugging in a drive cable to the mobo invalidated a warranty. Its meant to be updated.

Anyway, Dabs were shocking with me a while back, so we no longer use them. They used to be good, but those times have gone.
Old 31 October 2007, 08:22 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luminous
I'm not so sure flashing a BIOS invalidates a warranty. Not when the manufacturer of the product has built the board expecting it to accept a new BIOS flash. Sales of Goods Act would kick in with the item not being fit for purpose. It would be like claiming plugging in a drive cable to the mobo invalidated a warranty. Its meant to be updated.

Anyway, Dabs were shocking with me a while back, so we no longer use them. They used to be good, but those times have gone.
quick reply
Old 31 October 2007, 10:13 PM
Tart Man
Scooby Regular

Location: Custard, Strawberry, Apple, Blonde, Brunette...its all good!

I odered a monitor with them.

It didn't turn up.

I complained.

Then two turned up

So I stopped complaining.

They didn't ask for it back either
Old 01 November 2007, 12:27 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

On another note, never had bad service from Amazon... Would recormend them and they're spot on the price also and almost everything i've purchased. Hear a few baddies about DABBS no though... Ebuyer used to be trully awfull aslo if your order wasn't right or had a DOA item. been ok with the last few things ive order though...
Old 01 November 2007, 07:34 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Originally Posted by Luminous

Just spoke to a friend on a pc forum i reside on, yup it does invalidate your warranty, just don't tell them you've flashed it.
Old 02 November 2007, 01:58 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

the simple fact is if you order something of a website and it turns up when they say I.e. next day you don't feel the need to tell the world you received the expected service, it's only when it goes wrong people say something, then anyone else who's had a bad experience jumps on the band wagon. Just human nature and a real pain when the order that goes wrong is yours.
Old 02 November 2007, 10:41 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

I think Ebuyer have done a lot to improve things, I've brought nearly 20 pieces from them in the last 18 months and it's all been spot on.
I had a DOA soundcard that was replaced very promptly.
Using Paypal is handy if your wallet's downstairs.
Old 02 November 2007, 11:24 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
Just spoke to a friend on a pc forum i reside on, yup it does invalidate your warranty, just don't tell them you've flashed it.
Hmmmm. I don't doubt that a lot of suppliers will try and hide behind that claim. However, you are allowed to use your goods as intended for their legitimate purpose. If the manufacturer's advice is to update the product, then I'd say you have good grounds for getting your money back...with a fight of course.

Anyway, you are totally correct about the last part. Don't tell them
Old 03 November 2007, 12:04 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Well it's something along the lines of, you have changed your spec from the original thus invalidates your warranty.

Hell if you think that's being harsh gainward have just changed their warranty.

Welcome to Gainward Europe
Old 03 November 2007, 10:48 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
Well it's something along the lines of, you have changed your spec from the original thus invalidates your warranty.

Hell if you think that's being harsh gainward have just changed their warranty.

Welcome to Gainward Europe
I think Gainward have a point with nearly all of those complaints Did you see the state of the poor things after people had messed with them?
Old 03 November 2007, 02:11 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattN
the simple fact is if you order something of a website and it turns up when they say I.e. next day you don't feel the need to tell the world you received the expected service, it's only when it goes wrong people say something, then anyone else who's had a bad experience jumps on the band wagon. Just human nature and a real pain when the order that goes wrong is yours.
People will praise good service. I do.
But why praise a service that does what it says on the tin? If the service is an exception to the rule, then that should be praised, as people have done here.

Complaining about poor service is one way to warn people of the pitfalls and hope that the service improves...

I don't see what the issue is..