Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Ericsson K750i memory card problem

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2007, 10:17 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ericsson K750i memory card problem

Hello

I have got a new phone and I am trying to copy some files onto the memory stick duo that came with it. I have formatted it and it shows that the card is present with 121mb free. When i come to copy to it, the Windows program tells me there is no memory card, and if I go to file manager and try to move a file to external memory, it says theres no memory card inserted. I havent taken it out !!!!

Is there some undocumented feature I am missing...

Dave
Old 18 August 2007, 12:59 PM
Graphite
Scooby Regular

Question

You need to format it on the phone - not in windows... Is that maybe the problem?
Old 19 August 2007, 09:19 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Formatted it OK. When i connect PC to the phone via USB, it only shows phone memory unless i eject and insert the memory stick.

Pain in the **** !!! Give me back my Nokia...
Old 19 August 2007, 02:50 PM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

I use a PSP branded 1gig card in my 750i, but before using it I copied all of the phone related files to it first, just a folder or two IIRC - that may be the answer - perhaps they don't like a completely blank card if you see what I mean..?
Old 19 August 2007, 02:53 PM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

Hang on a mo, just re-reading...

How are you copying files to the phone? You should be able to use the USB cord, or take out the card and do it the old fashioned way.

One useful tip is that unless you stick stuff (like songs for example) in the right folders, you phone won't see them at all...

I think the problem could be in the 'formatting bit' I never had to do that, and all of my sticks work fine...
Old 20 August 2007, 09:19 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

My K750i used to be usb'd direct to the PC no probs, came up as a removable drive. As long as the stuff was in the right folders, the phone would find is every time.

On the the other hand, My K800i is a bag of poo...wont connect to the PC by cable. crashes when transferring files, bluetooth transfers impossible. and it isnt an isolated problem ...i,m on my 3rd...and a guy at work refused his back from repair...so they gave him a new model..

The only way i can get it to work is to pop the mem card out and into a card reader.... saying that though...all the games i have on the card.. cant be seen by this new phone, despite being seen by the pc....

Not one of SE's finest in my opinion

Mart
Old 21 August 2007, 09:32 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I connected the phone with the USB cable. When i browse the phone i see "Phone Memory" and thats it. If i eject the memory card and put it in again I then see "Memory Stick". Wierd !!