Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Talk Talk Broadband - anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2007, 01:24 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk Talk Broadband - anygood?

Absolutely p***ed off with BT - everytime i call someone i get put through to a bloody Indian call centre and they cannot speak English and i get nowhere.

(BTW not a problem with Indians just wish BT employed ones could speak English)

Anyway a few people have told me to ditch it and Talk Talk is pretty good.

anyone any experience with Talk Talk are they any good?

any other suggestions?

Cheers
Old 31 July 2007, 01:48 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Talk Talk are probably the worst ISP in the UK, having had first hand experience with them I would say avoid like the plague

Newnet, IDnet, Zen or one of the Enta resellers would get my vote
Old 31 July 2007, 01:51 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I've just looked on money supermarket.

crikey they do get slated.

looks like a no no then
Old 31 July 2007, 01:58 PM
Jonnip74
Scooby Regular

Here's a few more links to put you off....

TalkTalk - The Scream!

Reviews for Talk Talk : Broadband-help.com

I've also been told that when you have to (and you will) phone their support lines, on a premium rate number, they keep you on hold for 15+ minutes, and when you finally get to talk to an "engineer" (and I use that word in the loosest sense) the phone call gets cut off mid conversation, making you go through the process again.... Nice little earner for them, and a pain in the ar** for us!!

Dont!!!!
Old 31 July 2007, 01:59 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

yes, as a favour for one of my mums friends

I spoke to support because there was no connection to her house

Total nightmare, guy on the end of the phone making me go through all these pointless tasks that were nothing to do with the actual problem. Refused to push the fault as a line fault and said "we have been unable to sort this over the phone so basically tough"
The he was saying we dont support routers etc etc to which I replied im not asking for router support im asking for a working connection.

He kept trying to fob me with utter nonsense answers and when he realised he couldnt get rid of me do you know what he said............................................I have to go home now

To which I replied, OK put me on to someone else to which he replied, we are all going home now

I think it was sorted eventually when me mams friend kept sending complaint emails every day, only then would they push the fault as a line fault
Old 31 July 2007, 02:17 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Go with www.bethere.co.uk or Zen Internet - Award-winning Internet Services, Broadband, Hosting, Leased Lines & Security

You will not be disspointed.
Old 12 August 2007, 07:32 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOooooooo.....
TalkTalk is the biggest pile of cack ever!
Avoid like the plaque. When my contracts up in 5 months I'll be moving on and I can't frigging wait.
I pay for 'upto' 8meg and only get 576 kbps. They want me to pay an extra £35 per month for 2 meg, otherwise they can't help me.
As all the posts above, Indian call centres, and I too can't understand them and I've spent loads on call charges to it.

AVOID!!!

Trending Topics

Old 12 August 2007, 10:38 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

For what its worth

thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL review site - Your guide to UK broadband Internet.

talk talk opinions - Google Search=

Last edited by mike1210; 12 August 2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 13 August 2007, 06:26 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another NO NO for Talk Talk... in Fact a No no for ADSL in general... although BEthere are quite good. The customer service is India based but the one time I called up with a loss of connection, he took my details and said it seems to be working... which it was. I asked what did he do and he said nothing LOL obviously he did cause it wasnt working when I called.. but who cares he fixed it !
Old 13 August 2007, 09:39 AM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Hmmm. Do a 'search' and you'll find more. BUT my own experience as a Talktalk customer is fine. They seem no worse or better than any other isp. The only glitch I had was when they did the LLU bit and things weren't changed over on the date they said. Other than that the speed is fine - about the max. I can get with my line length/characteristics and as they supply my phone as well it's dead cheap.

Don't believe all the bad things about them!

Dave
I've moved all services away from BT to Talk Talk. My brother works in ops there and thought we may benefit if an issue arises. All seems fine to date. Importantly we are saving money.

BT are an inept bunch of plums who mismanaged to resolve my BB issues which left me down and unconnected for over 5 weeks!!! Residential customer services are handled via India while business BB users have UK customer care.

Again more people tend to complain about thing going wrong with services than when things are working fine.

Regards