Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cordless mouse / keyboard.

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2007, 06:14 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cordless mouse / keyboard.

Right,a computer thicko here....

Just upgraded to a new pc after my old one died after 9 years !

It's come with a cordless keyboard and mouse but i have a couple of questions regarding these.

With the 'connecting' and pressing the receiver unit button then the mouse connect button,then the same with the keyboard - is it necessary to 'disconnect' by doing the reverse before switching off ?

Also,can the mouse itself be switched off,when the pc has been turned off the optical light on it stays on due to it having batteries in.I appreciate it will take very little power but this will surely reduce the life of the batteries.

Sorry for such a dumb question but it's the first time i've used them.

Cheers
Old 18 July 2007, 07:03 PM
shanea
Scooby Regular

once your setup there nothing you can do really but you will find that the mouse eats batteries but the keyboard will last ages
Old 18 July 2007, 10:46 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shanea
once your setup there nothing you can do really but you will find that the mouse eats batteries but the keyboard will last ages
Cheers,

This is what i thought but asked just in case i was missing something - just seems a bit silly it being on all the time !