Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Broadband who’s doing the best deals

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2007, 01:24 PM
Camouflage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Broadband who’s doing the best deals

I’ve done a speed test and it came up with 3.5mb max

I’m with pipex at the moment but I’m thinking of moving for a better deal

Any ideas??
Old 17 July 2007, 01:43 PM
kernel
Scooby Regular

I'm with Nildram (owned by Pipex) and am tempted to move to as they've just been bought by Tiscali. If Pipex/Nildram get hit with the same traffic shaping I reckon it's bye bye to evening time online gaming
Old 17 July 2007, 01:46 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I went to Pipex in January after being recommended. Nothing but problems since. They are disputing the recommend a friend credit, their 'guaranteed 7mb broadband' (their words on the phone) has been between 3.6 and 0.8, the modem took 4 weeks to arrive and to top it all off they never cancelled the line with Tiscali. It's been a right pain in the ***. I'm looking forward to being able to cancel in January!
Old 17 July 2007, 01:54 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Broadband isp UK: Uncapped £9.95 8Mb Award winning Wireless ADSL from NewNet plc fast access Internet

Old 18 July 2007, 12:06 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I'm with Plusnet, and I have to say, they have been very good. They come out quite well on adslguide.org comparisons and they really seem to be addressing users issues and listening to their customers now. They were recently bought out by BT, so whether they have received a cash injection or not, I don' know.

I get very good speed, unlimited (within reason) downloads for £19.99 a month. I did get shaped one month, but that's because I ignored the clearly stated guidelines about how much I could download during peak times per billing period, so I can't really complain about that.

Gaming is good on them too.
Old 18 July 2007, 12:20 PM
Muerde
Scooby Regular

Depending what you have now and what you want?? I got my boardband from SKY at only £5 per month... OK I had sky already and its been added to that.. but 8mb connection and fast downloads, not too contested.. and faster donwloads and connection than my neigbour on BT next door... yes I know its all BT in the end but maybe SKY has less subscribers and their vlan is less busy... but so far so good... otherwise try someone like Freedom to Surf f2s.com for wires only if thats what you want.. I would avoid tiscali as their support is appauling.

have a look at thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL review site - Your guide to UK broadband Internet.