Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cant get internet..help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2007, 08:15 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get internet..help!!!!!!

my pc died and i had to reinstall windows disk thing (im not very computer literate sorry) which brought up the windows desktop,i tried to reload the bt voyager 210adsl router cd i got with the modem thingy but it wont let me gets to the last bit and says cant detect ethernet,try with the usb and it says cant detect usb either even though my bluetooth thing works on it...so im stuck using this old pc thats hamster powered its that slow please help before i drop it out the window!!!Pc worked fine for months was origionally installed last year dunno if thats got anythin to do with it
Old 14 July 2007, 08:16 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

maybe cd out of date,calling bt helpline isnt much use
Old 14 July 2007, 08:20 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Can you get onto the router? in the url bar at the top type 192.168.1.1 this should get you on to the router username and pass word are normally admin/ admin.
Old 14 July 2007, 08:50 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Sounds like all your Drivers have not been installed. Do you have any yellow esclamation marks in 'Device Manager'. Especially against the network card.
I take it the network psrt is listed in Device Manager? Would help to know what PC or Motherboard you have. That way someone can direct you to getting a drivers package for it.
Old 14 July 2007, 10:34 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

when i couldnt get it to load i unplugged it and connected this one back up and it works fine,try with the other one same problem.Ill try find out whats in it,bought it off a mate,he built it but it ran fine for months with me was just when i had to reinstall windows it wouldnt accept the cd again,did the first time and the cd was used for this pc first.