Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Virgin media !

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2007, 08:43 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virgin media !

Just received this email from Virgin media:

From 1st July, our broadband helpline number is changing and from then on it’ll cost 25p per minute to call from a Virgin home phone, plus 10p to connect. Mobiles and other networks may vary. The new number is 0906 212 1111.

Over and above this, we want to make it quicker and easier for you to find the information you need. So when you need help, here’s what to do:

Step 1
If you’re having trouble with your broadband service, for example if it’s running slower than it should be, or you’re having trouble seeing certain pages, the first thing to do is switch off your computer and modem, then restart it again. This may repair any basic faults right away and get you back up and running quickly.

Step 2
If that didn’t work, the next thing to do is call our service status line on 0800 561 0061 to find out if there’s a problem in your area. It’s absolutely free. Or if you still have access to the internet, you can visit our help site. It’s at Help - Virgin Media

If you have questions about things like how to set up your email account or how to sort out your internet security, you’ll find the answers online too.

Step 3
If you can’t find what you’re looking for online, or you can’t look online, then you can call our new broadband helpline.

We have over 200 Virgin Broadband experts ready to help if you’re having issues with your Virgin Broadband modem or service. So they can help you faster, you’ll need to have your account details to hand and be at your computer.

If you have a question about equipment that hasn’t been supplied by Virgin Media, like your computer or your Blackberry, then you’ll need to get in touch with your manufacturer or you can call the PC helpline on 0906 991 0001. It costs £1 a minute plus 10p to connect. Mobiles and other networks may vary.

We hope that helps and that you continue to enjoy the same great service!

The Virgin Media team

So,the next time something goes wrong and I have to call them,not only will I get seriously frustrated trying to understand what they are trying to tell me in their appalling english,it'll also cost me a small fortune !

I think I will be swapping to Sky very soon
Old 15 June 2007, 09:06 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Just joined virgin from aol. What a difference, took ages and ages to get the computer ( 2 years old) to get connected to the net. My laptop took to it very easily, but thats fairly new. Had to call 3 times to try and get the thing working on the computer to 3 different people in India (nightmare and didn't really solve anything)

There's no chat facilities on Virgin (I didn't really use them on aol but that's not the point!) The whole damn thing is very user unfriendly compared to aol it's unreal. I suppose I'll get the hang of it, but even something like making your web page on virgin looks a very time consuming and swearword laden affair. With the palave I had earlier trying to get this to work I'm surprised I'm online now!
Old 15 June 2007, 09:28 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Just joined virgin from aol. What a difference, took ages and ages to get the computer ( 2 years old) to get connected to the net. My laptop took to it very easily, but thats fairly new. Had to call 3 times to try and get the thing working on the computer to 3 different people in India (nightmare and didn't really solve anything)

There's no chat facilities on Virgin (I didn't really use them on aol but that's not the point!) The whole damn thing is very user unfriendly compared to aol it's unreal. I suppose I'll get the hang of it, but even something like making your web page on virgin looks a very time consuming and swearword laden affair. With the palave I had earlier trying to get this to work I'm surprised I'm online now!
I've been with them for about 6 years,since they were Telewest Broadband.

The service is getting worse and worse and the cost is getting higher and higher.

I also have their TV service which has recently changed over from Telewest to Virgin. It never works properly,always freezing up and now you have to pay £5.00 a month to watch certain programs that were free before the change over.

I've been thinking about swapping to Sky for a while but I think this has made me make my mind up !
Old 15 June 2007, 10:16 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Da da da da daaaa We're lovin it !

I already posted this kids...
Old 15 June 2007, 11:02 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I find it quite ironic - Virgin complained when Sky increased their prices stating they didn't want to pass the increase onto their customers, and quickly lost Sky1 and other channels as a result.

So, Virgin decide to levy this charge instead.

I'm confused. lol
Old 15 June 2007, 11:06 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BuRR
I find it quite ironic - Virgin complained when Sky increased their prices stating they didn't want to pass the increase onto their customers, and quickly lost Sky1 and other channels as a result.

So, Virgin decide to levy this charge instead.

I'm confused. lol
Good point !

As I said,this has made my mind up and I will be leaving and changing to Sky.

Well done Virgin Media
Old 15 June 2007, 11:06 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Any problems today at work Pimmo
Old 16 June 2007, 12:29 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

I pay VM £1400 per year, and if the broadband service doen't improve within 2 months I'm moving everything... The TV's not been too bad but my fatband runs at 6mb not 10 at best and is often running at 2mb on an evening, a f£$£$ joke... If they can't provide a decent service for £37 pm then I'm off...
will see if it improves
Old 16 June 2007, 12:35 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

And then there's the fact that Virgin have started throttling your Broadband speed if you download over a certain amount each month,when they said they would always leave it as unlimited !

Their service has gone seriously downhill and it's getting worse and costing more
Old 16 June 2007, 12:42 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Any problems today at work Pimmo
Just people complaining about the new prices... so much fun.

Been applying for jobs everywhere, was told by the team that listens in that I'm a great agent... to be honest basing that on the other idiots I work with means nothing at all !

I dont like it there, I do my best as I said to my manager cause its not the customers fault
Old 16 June 2007, 12:46 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Were you not affected by the outage due to the fire at the substation in Huyton yesterday

We had to get Telewest out, as our phone lines went down, and they took the key to the comms cabinet last time they came

Luckily our main links were still up (different circuits) but we lost all outbound internet too on our network side, all the ISP side was ok apart from two customers who are on the 100mb feed, and again Telewest had the keys to the cabinet !!

Still need to find out what is happening job wise, its all chaotic and Im now on holiday for a week
Old 16 June 2007, 12:48 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
And then there's the fact that Virgin have started throttling your Broadband speed if you download over a certain amount each month,when they said they would always leave it as unlimited !

Their service has gone seriously downhill and it's getting worse and costing more
They actually throttle on a daily basis, which is even worse for me, as i used to download upto 15Gig some days, but this only happens 3-4 days a month, so if they throttled monthly thats fine with me as i never use more than about 60G/Month, but now with their daily policy as soon as i exceed 3.5Gb (i think thats right) in one day im throttled to 4Mb speeds.

Its a farce, like others have said completely two faced, wont pass on charge for sky one to customers but happy to screw the BB customers when it pleases.

Mark
Old 16 June 2007, 12:50 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Were you not affected by the outage due to the fire at the substation in Huyton yesterday

We had to get Telewest out, as our phone lines went down, and they took the key to the comms cabinet last time they came

Luckily our main links were still up (different circuits) but we lost all outbound internet too on our network side, all the ISP side was ok apart from two customers who are on the 100mb feed, and again Telewest had the keys to the cabinet !!

Still need to find out what is happening job wise, its all chaotic and Im now on holiday for a week
The Indian Call centre has been down so its call, call ,callcnkiovijhnedfdbfg
Old 16 June 2007, 12:57 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NWMark
They actually throttle on a daily basis, which is even worse for me, as i used to download upto 15Gig some days, but this only happens 3-4 days a month, so if they throttled monthly thats fine with me as i never use more than about 60G/Month, but now with their daily policy as soon as i exceed 3.5Gb (i think thats right) in one day im throttled to 4Mb speeds.

Its a farce, like others have said completely two faced, wont pass on charge for sky one to customers but happy to screw the BB customers when it pleases.

Mark
Oh,well if that's true it's even worse.

I'm looking at the Sky packages now,going to be ringing them soon and then telling Virgin to F**K off with their crap service

I'm not through my first 12 months with them yet as I moved house and had to start a new contract with them for some reason ! I should be able to just cancel it shouldn't I as the terms and conditions of the contract are all different now ?
Old 16 June 2007, 01:03 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Sky Broadband 16MB is only £10 a month with unlimited downloads !

I've currently got Virgin 4MB(if i'm lucky) for £25
Old 17 June 2007, 03:34 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Sky Broadband 16MB is only £10 a month with unlimited downloads !

I've currently got Virgin 4MB(if i'm lucky) for £25
I had the same but switched to Sky 16Mb last week. Seems reliable so far and the speed is right on the money.
Old 17 June 2007, 04:17 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz34
I had the same but switched to Sky 16Mb last week. Seems reliable so far and the speed is right on the money.
Glad to hear that mate. Just been speaking to a mate who has also had enough of Virgin,they keep sending him bills that are way more than they should be,when he finally sorts it out the same thing happens the following month

He's going to switch to Sky aswell.
Old 17 June 2007, 04:30 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Thats 3 of us then.
Old 17 June 2007, 05:11 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cossie01
Thats 3 of us then.
You had enough aswell then mate ? What do you think of Sky ?
Old 17 June 2007, 08:32 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

You had enough aswell then mate ? What do you think of Sky ?
There all as bad as each other.

The only difference is sky tell you they will rip you off up front, virgin tell you they won't rip you off, then once you sign up they start.
Old 17 June 2007, 08:38 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Got no choice other than Virgin around here, (can't get an ADSL line above 1.5Mb). Not had any problems with the cable service so far though, (other than I need a new modem for the 20mb service).
Old 18 June 2007, 02:09 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

you know if you guys have any issues, I can try and look into it for you. Theres only so much I can check without you on the phone but we could always arrange a call back

If it helps Virgin not to lose customers.... like I give a ****
Old 18 June 2007, 09:39 AM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
you know if you guys have any issues, I can try and look into it for you. Theres only so much I can check without you on the phone but we could always arrange a call back

If it helps Virgin not to lose customers.... like I give a ****
LOL

I've had "issue's" with virgin ever since I took a retension deal.
I was promised a package at a set price.

Everymonth since Feb I have spent about 4 hours on the phone being lied to telling me that price can't be agreed to etc etc.

After approx 4hr's they apply another credit to my account and promise the direct debit will be ammended to the correct amount.

Then it goes out my bank still wrong.

This month I have a total of £59.02 on my bill in credits.

And the bill is still over £70

£11.42 is for phone calls, yet I have talk unlimited and paid extra for 30% off mobile calls.

The best bit is, of that £59.02 credit, £49.27 of it credits on the phone bill.

I seem to recall getting a letter from virgin end of jan / beginning of feb stating that everything will be simple to understand, no more complicated bills.

LMFAO

Sky are a rip off, but atleast you know that before you take a deal from them.
Old 18 June 2007, 10:33 AM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Just rang up to disconnect some services (V+ HD etc etc) and the women said well the account isn't in your name, but you are listed so you can't cancel some services you can only up or downgrade the packages.

So I said, fine cancel the lot in that case.

lol

Anyway she went right through my reasons for wanted to get rid of them, and has promised that I won't have anymore billing issues.

My bill this month has just dropped by over £20 because they applied all my credits wrong.

She promised from next month all bills will be correct now.

We will see.

If it's still wrong, i'll ring them up and tell them to come pick there **** up from off the road.
Old 18 June 2007, 12:01 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Just rang up to disconnect some services (V+ HD etc etc) and the women said well the account isn't in your name, but you are listed so you can't cancel some services you can only up or downgrade the packages.

So I said, fine cancel the lot in that case.

lol

Anyway she went right through my reasons for wanted to get rid of them, and has promised that I won't have anymore billing issues.

My bill this month has just dropped by over £20 because they applied all my credits wrong.

She promised from next month all bills will be correct now.

We will see.

If it's still wrong, i'll ring them up and tell them to come pick there **** up from off the road.

although I'm not standing up for VM, the things that annoyes the **** off me if people who are not the account holder calling up to change things and then moaning when they can't... the same idiot would phone up complaining if we let someone else into their emails !! whats the difference ? just cause you say your married to the account holder ?? oh ok then

Not aimed directly at you there mate
Old 18 June 2007, 12:20 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
although I'm not standing up for VM, the things that annoyes the **** off me if people who are not the account holder calling up to change things and then moaning when they can't... the same idiot would phone up complaining if we let someone else into their emails !! whats the difference ? just cause you say your married to the account holder ?? oh ok then

Not aimed directly at you there mate
The only reason it ain't in my name, is because virgin / tw wanted to cancel all services and start a new 12 month contract on everything if I switched the account into my name when we got married. They also wanted to do the same thing to change the account into my wifes married name.

So as it is, the account is still in her maiden name.

after 8 yr's with them, there is no (i repeat NO) chance I am signing upto 12 months of anything with virgin, tw, ntl or anyother name they choose to trade under.

Old 18 June 2007, 05:39 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

The only reason it ain't in my name, is because virgin / tw wanted to cancel all services and start a new 12 month contract on everything if I switched the account into my name when we got married. They also wanted to do the same thing to change the account into my wifes married name.

after 8 yr's with them, there is no (i repeat NO) chance I am signing upto 12 months of anything with virgin, tw, ntl or anyother name they choose to trade under.

I had similar problems when moving to our new flat.

And when they installed the tv,broadband and phone,none of it worked ! Took me 3 nights running to get them to sort it,they only did so when I told them to come and collect the lot ! They soon had an engineer available to sort the problem
Old 18 June 2007, 06:38 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

I had similar problems when moving to our new flat.

And when they installed the tv,broadband and phone,none of it worked ! Took me 3 nights running to get them to sort it,they only did so when I told them to come and collect the lot ! They soon had an engineer available to sort the problem
Had that lots over the yr's mate.

I took this retension deal at end of feb, 1st bill in march was over double what I was supposed to pay, so rang them up.

They told me I had not got the deal that I was on, and if I had that deal then it would be more money than they were charging for.

So I asked him, if thats the case are you calling me a liar, and he **** says yes

At which point my mrs took the phone off me, and he procedded to abuse her.

In the end I took the phone back, and asked to speak to a manager, supervisor or infact anyone other than him, was told that wasn't possible.

So I said well come get your stuff, from the pavement, and he said, well if anything is damaged, you will be charged for it.

Couldn't believe it, anyway in the end we spoke to complaints dept, they told us it would be sorted out, and the bloke who abused my mrs and called me a liar was gonna be in the ****, which probably meant he would get a payrise.

They were supposed to call me back within 48hr's to tell me what was happening, and they didn't.

Following month, same problems, altho without the abuse, spoke to someone else in complaints, who told me that I should have had a call back, as thats part of OFFCOM regs or summot.

So he logged the complaint again, and promissed i'd get a call back.

Never did.

But I don't care, because when I finally do leave (which will be next month if they mess my bill up again), if they try to give me agro over a 12 month contract then i'll be off to offcom with these 2 complaints that virgin obviously did nothing with.
Old 18 June 2007, 06:53 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

I don't give a s**t about the 12 month contract as it's changed so much since I signed it !
Old 18 June 2007, 06:55 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

I don't give a s**t about the 12 month contract as it's changed so much since I signed it !
We have never signed anything anyway.

Quick Reply: Virgin media !