Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Forza Scoobynet races

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2007, 06:02 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forza Scoobynet races

Edcase and myself had a right old ding dong round Mugello this afternoon in bog std cars with no drivers aids

Tonight at 2030 we will be meeting again but this time at Sebring

All on Scoobynet welcome

No TC

No ABS

No Stability Control

TheSquirrel555 is my Live Gamertag
Old 10 June 2007, 07:16 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I'll try and be there
When you say Boggo cars, does the game automatically remove upgades? or do you have to have one unmodded and ready?
Also, how do you go about levelling the cars? i.e. a boggo Class D is no match for a standard B etc?
Oh and I haven't managed to get anything flash yet, just the ones you get given as freebies.
Old 10 June 2007, 07:33 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

I think I have most of you added, but add mister edcase if you haven't got me.

Squirrel will be hosting so doesn't matter too much if you don't add me

Drive nicely ladies
Old 10 June 2007, 07:54 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
I'll try and be there
When you say Boggo cars, does the game automatically remove upgades? or do you have to have one unmodded and ready?
Also, how do you go about levelling the cars? i.e. a boggo Class D is no match for a standard B etc?
Oh and I haven't managed to get anything flash yet, just the ones you get given as freebies.
Host has an option to "Force Upgrades and tuning off" and the host can specify which class of car the race will be run in. So you casn level the playing field so to speak.

Got a 500hp AE86 and a 600hp 22b tucked up in the garage, both set up purely for drifting
Old 10 June 2007, 07:58 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

If i see anyone online i will send them an invite too ease the finding of the room we are playing in
Old 10 June 2007, 11:25 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I was in a race earlier after an invite from Ed (XBL account = NickA555)
There was a guy with an id something like Delta.Is he on here only I tried to pass him a couple of times and the swine rammed me off the track on both occasions??
I'm still getting used to my Playseat and steering wheel so unfortunately I'm not on my best form yet!! (That's my excuse anyway!!)
Old 11 June 2007, 01:32 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Nick, nah he was a random in the first open room, we went into a private lobby after that

Definitely need a wheel, when you use the faster cars it becomes really hard to be consistently fast.
Old 11 June 2007, 09:11 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by **************
...Sorry for knocking anyone off (RB5!), honestly wasn't intentional, floored the Ford GT on the starting grid and went sideways Look forward to jumping on again and concentrating a bit better next time.
LOL that happened right in front of me
Still least it was one race RB5 didn't win

Really struggled with the faster cars using the pad, constantly swapping ends. That TVR just wanted to go sideways all the time, especially round the last corner on Mugello.

Had a great time (even if it was cut short by the wife returning home). Will be on tonight though
Old 11 June 2007, 09:25 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I'll be up for a race guys. I've been driving with all the assists on so far. will have to improve a fair bit by the sounds.

My impression of getting on a race via live is poor so far. Seems to have loads of problems joining them.

Gamertag: GuyH77
Old 11 June 2007, 10:12 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've had no problem joining online races at all. What internet connection are you using? Also are you using a router with a built in firewall? If so, have you assigned the 360 a static ip address and opened up the appropriate ports in the firewall for it to use?
Old 11 June 2007, 10:17 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I've joined a couple fine, had no other problems with any other Live aspects Ie Rainbow 6 etc. It was just yesterday I kept getting the message the game was full or no longer available which may well have been the case.

I hosted a game on Sat night against a mate and that was fine also. I just think it's me getting to grips with it.

Using a BT home hub on ADSL. It has a firewall built in. I thought you didn't need to do that if you had DHCP (think that's right) on?
Old 11 June 2007, 10:22 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

No, you still need to open the ports. All DCHP does is dymaically assign an IP address.

The trouble with DCHP is that it can give the 360 a different IP address every time you turn it on, and so it's impossible to open the ports specifically for that machine, so you have to open the ports for every possible connection. What I do is to assign the 360 a static ip address, then just open the ports for that machine. IT's much more secure that way...
Old 11 June 2007, 10:39 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Edcase
Nick, nah he was a random in the first open room, we went into a private lobby after that

Definitely need a wheel, when you use the faster cars it becomes really hard to be consistently fast.

I took the plunge and bought this last week.Much easier to control with the wheel now rather than having it secured to my desk...

Camera phone so pic quality not that good
Old 11 June 2007, 10:40 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iain Young
No, you still need to open the ports. All DCHP does is dymaically assign an IP address.

The trouble with DCHP is that it can give the 360 a different IP address every time you turn it on, and so it's impossible to open the ports specifically for that machine, so you have to open the ports for every possible connection. What I do is to assign the 360 a static ip address, then just open the ports for that machine. IT's much more secure that way...
right. do you have a link that would explain what to do please?
Old 11 June 2007, 10:46 AM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

I'm game for some good racing

gametag : GEE1977

My setup for the wheel is having my clamp shoved in between my legs so the wheel doesn't go flying off when I hit a sharp turn - gives a good work out for my thighs as well
Old 11 June 2007, 10:48 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
A quick google search produced these...

Xbox360 Port Forwarding -=DigiTaL=-

Xbox Live - Router & Port Forwarding - Guide - Difficulty 1/10 - Xbox 360 Tutorials - Xbox 360 Downloads - Xbox 360 Homebrew, Xbox 360 Hacking, Xbox 360 Modchips, Xbox 360 Dashboards, Xbox 360 Bios, Xbox 360 Softmods, Xbox 360 Auto Installers
Old 11 June 2007, 10:51 AM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

What router have you got? Most modern routers will automatically open the ports on demand via UPnP or Port Triggering.

Alternatively PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
Old 11 June 2007, 11:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerV2
What router have you got? Most modern routers will automatically open the ports on demand via UPnP or Port Triggering.

Alternatively PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
thanks Iain.

that's the thing I was talking about. I read the guide for the Home Hub (the one BT supply) and just left it as that. As I say I can get on Live fine so I don't see how opening ports and assigning an IP would improve things (security wise it might if I understand Iain).

All it was yesterday I tried to do a few quick exhibition races on Live but couldn't get onto a Lobby the majority of the time.
Old 11 June 2007, 11:15 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Fair enough. All I know is that on my router, I was having intermittent problems connecting to and hosting matches etc (which strangely didn't seem to affect all games). Since I change it all to use a static IP and specifially opened the correct ports, all those problems have gone away...
Old 11 June 2007, 11:17 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It's good to know Iain. thanks for the info. I'll leave it as it is for now bt if I'm having those problems I'll look into changing it. I'm not that savay at the networking side of things hence my reluctance to mess.
Old 11 June 2007, 11:18 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

As I say I can get on Live fine so I don't see how opening ports and assigning an IP would improve things (security wise it might if I understand Iain).

All it was yesterday I tried to do a few quick exhibition races on Live but couldn't get onto a Lobby the majority of the time.
ports are needed for gamning, it won't make a difference for getting on the lobby. The ports that need to be forwarded are

TCP 3074
UDP 3074
UDP 88

speech and the like won't work well if at all if the correct ports are not forwarded because the router will block the incoming requests

on the network test do you get a open, moderate or strict NAT score????

if open UPnP is working as it should if you are using that feature

Last edited by mike1210; 11 June 2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11 June 2007, 11:24 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

cheers mike. voice works fine in games. I'll see how I go but this is all good info if I need to change things.

As a side I've added a few people to my friends list so hope to see you on forza.
Old 11 June 2007, 01:12 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

I'm definitely up for some serious racing, but I'm too wrapped up in single player at the moment. Gonna try and get a lot of it done before I play online.

Has anyone sold cars via auction yet? I made a seat leon touring car and a Beetle "herbie" but neither sold at auction. I'm guessing with a very impressive design you could make a fortune in credits!

Steve - Gamertag lCE (small L capital C E)
Old 11 June 2007, 07:11 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

I don't have many cars so I'd be at a disadvantage. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
ScoobyP1 on xbl
Old 11 June 2007, 11:40 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Great racing tonight guys

Liking this game more and more, you really can't just full throttle everywhere like 99% of other console racers.
Old 12 June 2007, 08:55 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Yeah cheers for the invite last night. Really enjoyed the racing. Some great moments. The two NSX drifting inches from each other was

I was involved in the biggest off of the night.... got tagged teamed from both sides at about 130mph in my Ferrari Totalled it!
Old 12 June 2007, 08:56 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Well I enjoyed the 3x races I had yesterday. Unfortunately my "just got to pop off for 10mins" ended up as rest of the night
Was really sorry about the incidents I caused in the races I did take part in
Old 12 June 2007, 10:10 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately with the realism in this game, even the slightest tag can end in disaster, it's just racing for you.

As long as nobody is purposefully and disruptively causing accidents I don't think anybody is too worried about racing incidents

Have to admit I was slightly surprised to see a Ferrari overtake me, over the top of my car, upside down!
Old 12 June 2007, 10:15 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Agree. I think the damage really adds to the racing. I know that when it's all really close the adrenaline is pumping

I got hit a few times and I hit a few people also. Never intentional and it adds to the racing as you know that the person who hit you doesn't want damage to their car as much as you don't.

It still drove after..... just! 18 mph was the max speed

Quick Reply: Forza Scoobynet races