Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ModusLink - is it just me or are they a bunch of useless arses?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 11:32 PM
Fart Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ModusLink - is it just me or are they a bunch of useless *****?

Anyone had dealings with them? as I'm at my tether.

Seeing they are/were handling the "free" upgrade of qualifying XP products to Vista.

I qualified, have done since last year for 3 copies of XP64 with free upgrades to Vista Business.

First off their site never worked, when it did, it continually rejected our voucher numbers. Several months pass in trying to get a response (or to get a working phone number to actually contact them on), Apparantly system workload blah blah, try it again. By this time it was February

Well, finally it worked. Order was accepted and paid for. Yay!

Paid the shipping costs and sent off proof of purchases etc, as requested. It was accepted, and order was identified as "in shipping", ok, an ETA would be nice but as long as I get it....

Then five days before the cut off date for upgrades (May 1st) whilst I was away I get an email saying it has been rejected due to the VAT number being wrong...it isn't wrong. The order has been cancelled and I'll have to reapply through the orginal application channels. I pick the email up on 1st of May...Barstewards! It took them 3months to reject my claim and now its past the cut-off date...not to mention they have my money for the shipping costs. And for this, they send a e-mail at the most ill-timed moment - yet they had my phone and fax numbers...if they used them I may have been able to get somone to get the donkeywork done before the deadline. I suppose their attitude now will be "past deadline, tough sh*t" Even though I "tried" to apply LAST YEAR; if their half arsed system would have let me, that is.

And I can't get though on the phone, and no reply e-mail - been trying over the past week. What else am I to do?

I'm tempted to call watchdog or don't get done, get dom, but with them being based in US and the EU arm I belive to be in Holland, I'm not sure what can be done about it seeing its nigh on impossible to contact them.

Why on earth do Microsoft use them as distributors? Why on earth didn't they implement a half decent order processing system? And finally, if they can't be arsed to honour their "free" upgrades, why on earth did they bother promoting it in the first place?

Now I'm stuck with a deadend OS: XP64, which I purschased as a dry run for vista 64bit purely because it had a free upgrade option to vista. If I had known, I wouldn't have bothered.

Anyone else had issue with them?

<puts XP64 CD through paper shredder>

Last edited by Fart Man; 07 May 2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08 May 2007, 08:08 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I got mine as a free upgrade via ModusLink. It took a while to arrive, but I had no problems at all. I've read of lots of problems on other forums though, I doubt they'll use ML again.
Old 11 May 2007, 10:57 AM
Fart Man
Scooby Regular

Nice to see someone has been more fortunate with me

Well, after over a week phoning, emailing and faxing. I nearly collapsed in shock when the phone was answered.

Turns out its been extended to 31st of May for previous applicants that have been rejected. I need to reapply from sqaure one, and that the VAT number needs "GB" at the start to identify its the UK...even though the ordering system asks several times which country I'm based in, christ.

Well, lets see how we go this time: almost 6months now!