Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Window Internet Explorer problem

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2007, 01:40 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Internet Explorer problem

Hi,

Hope you can help, since the new version of Microsoft Internet Explorer was installed on my laptop I've had a small but irritating problem. When I first try to log on to the internet I get an error message (occassionally several times in a row) which normally means I just have to re-launch internet explorer again and then it seems to work fine.

My question is I've been clicking the button to send the "file error report" to Microsoft, purely because I like the idea of Microsoft getting flooded with these reports. I've had a few emails from software_innovations@lists.planetglo.com regarding "Follow up - New Update to fix Windows File Errors" I've just assumed they were spam and deleted them in the past, but it occurred to me that it might just be a company Microsoft has farmed out this work to.

What do you think? Spam or genuine? I assumed if anyone contacted me (not that I thought they would), it would be Microsoft I am obviously relucant to download anything from them without knowing who they are.

Sorry this post is so long, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Matt

Email as follows:

"File Error Notification Follow-up:

We contacted you last week, and we noticed that you hadn't run the diagnostics test to check for any potentially harmful file errors located in your registry.

Press below to launch the Diagnostics Test download:

Press HERE to begin:
Error Nuker: Find and fix Windows registry problems

Please read carefully to learn how to locate these potentially harmful file errors located on your PC, and how to fix them.

Are you aware that over 95% of ALL PC's have file errors in Windows that could cause your PC to crash, lose important memory, and cause other software on your PC to fail or uninstall without your knowledge.

Protect Your PC From Annoying and Harmful File Errors and Major System Problems today with a FREE PC Diagnostics Test and Report which will hunt out & rectify even the smallest Windows problems on your PC.

Press below to launch the Diagnostics Test download:

Press HERE to begin:

If after completing the free Diagnostic Test it is brought to your attention that your computer's registry does contain file "errors", then it may be in your computer's best interest to fix the potentially harmful file errors in your registry.

Once again, there are NO OBLIGATIONS for this FREE OFFER that includes our FREE Software, FREE Analysis, FREE Report and 24 Hour Support !

Press below to launch the Diagnostics Test download now:

Press HERE to begin:

Copyright �(C) 2002 - 2007 All Rights Reserved

To not receive future offers/promotions from "Error Nuker" please press on
the below link:
ErrorNuker

Or send us a letter at:
100 E. San Marcos Blvd.
San Marcos, CA 92069

You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here:
Unsubscribe
and enter your email address (***********)

or write to:

Software Innovations Inc.
160 W. Foothill Pkwy, Suite 105-20
Corona, CA 92882

TRCK:software_innovations;plii13*wlvfdol!fr!xn;1;"
Old 29 April 2007, 02:01 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you send an error report it contains no information "apparently" that ID's you to m$ so the emails are spam