Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Burnout 5 to employ Vision Camera

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 10:09 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnout 5 to employ Vision Camera

From XBox360 Fanboy:

There hasn't been a great deal of information surrounding the next installment of the Burnout series, so far referred to only as Burnout 5. As such, we feel it our responsibility to inform our readers of even the tiniest bit of Burnout related news. Today's bit of news is actually fairly exciting, as it seems that the Vision Camera will be used in the game. So far we don't know how it will be implemented, but it will definitely be featured in the game. Speaking about Burnout 5 to CVG, Criterion's director of design, Alex Ward, said, "How you use the controller is key, how you play the game online, how you use the HD Eye Toy and the 360 Vision Camera online is really important."

Sounds interesting as a big Burnout fan. Anyone got any ideas as to how the HD Eyetoy or Live Vision camera could be used ?
Old 29 March 2007, 06:55 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

My Missus works for Sony UK, and they just had a presentation which covered this, and some other games.
Apparently they are going to use the camera to take video of your face as "the driver", then transplant it onto the driver of the car.
Sounds like fun, but I can't help think there will be a load of ar5e5 driving cars!
Old 29 March 2007, 10:14 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I'd hope there's a little more to it than changing the drivers face, but its a nice start.

Originally Posted by Sheepsplitter
I can't help think there will be a load of ar5e5 driving cars!
Just like real life then