Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

FAO Pimmo

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2007, 10:27 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Pimmo

Pimmo can you point me in the right direction for some help re Telewest/Virgin

I have just moved into a new build property (just over a month) and bt are messing me about with getting the line connected (ran out of capacity so needed to do some new ducting and cabling etc, just been delay after delay)

So I have looked at alternatives for phone, and broadband (maybe tv as well)
My postcode says that I am not in a cable area, however older properties around the area, in different streets are covered by virgin so I am thinking that my postcode isnt registered on their database yet (new build and all that, not registered on a lot of sites like AA, mapquest etc)

I spoke with someone at virgin and explained the above and he said he would put me through to the surveyor dept and that it would be a recorded message where I leave my details etc and someone would contact me within 10days

Surely I am going to be covered as the other streets that are covered are further from the exchange than me and there is one of the bt green boxes at the end of my road. Is there actually a number for a person I can speak to who will be able to help.?

Cheers
Old 01 March 2007, 12:57 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could have sent me a private message

I'm actually off now for a few days so it might be difficult for me to actually help, best suggestion would be call 0845 142 4422 which is BBI support I dont know the other numbers off by heart and ask them to transfer you to new customer sales. Call between 3-5 and there will be no queue.

Other than that the 10 days will see you installed before I return to work I'm affraid
Old 01 March 2007, 01:45 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

the 10 days is before I get a call to tell me if I can have it or not.

Cheers for the number will give it a try.
Old 01 March 2007, 01:51 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

You dont want to watch SkyOne do you ?
Old 01 March 2007, 02:03 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichB
You dont want to watch SkyOne do you ?
Tv was just an after thought to be honest as it is the phone and broadband that I am after due to delays with bt. I already have sky (doesnt need to be connected to the phone as I moved property with them and already served my 12 monts)
Just heard on the radio that sky have removed their offer and will not be making another. Looks like I will just maybe try the phone and broadband!
Old 02 March 2007, 12:46 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
Tv was just an after thought to be honest as it is the phone and broadband that I am after due to delays with bt. I already have sky (doesnt need to be connected to the phone as I moved property with them and already served my 12 monts)
Just heard on the radio that sky have removed their offer and will not be making another. Looks like I will just maybe try the phone and broadband!
any luck with them?
Old 02 March 2007, 01:31 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

no, passed me through to the same automated line where I leave details for a call back within 10 days so bt will probably sort everything out by then (assuming their cable arrives!!)
Old 02 March 2007, 02:05 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
no, passed me through to the same automated line where I leave details for a call back within 10 days so bt will probably sort everything out by then (assuming their cable arrives!!)
did they tell you the name of the department ?