Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Orange Broadband - Shocking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2007, 07:03 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Broadband - Shocking!!!

Freeserve > rebadged to Wanadoo > sold to Orange..

Well what can i say, after some 'routine' maintenance that took then two more days than suggested the performance is worse than ever.

And to top it all off the company have offshored a portion of their callcenter to ring a ding ding land!

You know straight away you're going to be lied to when the dude that answers the phone calls him/her self with an English name when they are quite obviously not!

Major headache.

I reckon more folks must be experiencing the same issues here.....
Old 25 January 2007, 08:21 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

I'm with them, and Wanadoo before.

I'm on the free package as i use my mobile phone too much.

I've yet to have a problem with the service which is on for about 4 hours each day. I had to ring them to check a setting on the wireless router and although i think i ended up talking to someone on the other side of the world the problem was resolved.

Maybe i've been lucky?
Old 25 January 2007, 11:04 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Can't say I've had problems either.

I did have 1 a while ago where the wireless livebox was blocking a range of IP adresses - bloke on the helpline was spot-on - it was obvious he knew what he was talking about, even told me to throw the install cd away and "we'll go through control panel and do it right this time..."

Old 25 January 2007, 11:27 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

I had nothing but problems as soon as it went to orange - I was happy the 3 years previosly - had no internet for 4 weeks - they did line check after line check and tried blaming me - in the end they did say it was a fauld at there end but after 4 weeks of no BB I ditched them for Tiscali - so far so good

agree nightmere when you ring them (in fooking India )
Old 25 January 2007, 11:34 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

been with freeserve/wanadoo/oranage for about 3 years has a dial up/broadband customer and never had a problem(touch wood)
Old 25 January 2007, 11:39 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I swopped from Bulldog, did it all on line using my mac code from Bulldog. When I signed up they failed to tell me that they had run out of modems, had to use dial up for 2 weeks. I complained and asked for my mac code so I could go to another isp at which point they offered me 3 months free.

Other than that all has been fine, pc is on 24/7 and I download for days at a time with no probs.

Last edited by T5OLF; 25 January 2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 26 January 2007, 08:26 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yes thats why Im very cagey about swapping to any of these 'free' services such as orange, sky, talktalk etc. I pay about £15 a month and barring a few glitches the first week in Jan havent had any problems for 18 months and I dont want to upset the applecart!
Old 11 May 2007, 08:45 PM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

Just did a speed test on my orange and broadband it's runing at around 0.2 meg nice !!
Old 11 May 2007, 10:48 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I moved from Orange after only a few months with them... shocking reliability of service (i used to lose connection for days on end every other week) and the speaking to Trevor, Sean and Gray in India was worse than pulling my own teeth out! Trevor... who the **** do they think they are kidding!!!!

Tony.
Old 11 May 2007, 11:37 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

We had a customer in today who is with FreeWanaOrangeDoServe

He spent most of the time complaining about the lack of service from them, we fixed his problem for him in 10 minutes, something his ISP couldnt do, and he was more than happy to pay us for doing it

He told us after them telling him they had sent out 4 new DSL modems to him and him never recieving them he asked for his MAC code, 2 minutes later he is on a much reduced monthly rate !!
Old 12 May 2007, 11:10 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I called the NTL side of Virgin media and got though to one Indian bloke, I was laughin on the phone cause he could grasp who I was and kept calling me by the customers name! I told him like 9 times I work for Telewest T-E-L-E-W-E-S-T and I had the customer waiting on the other line, he just kept reading his script.