Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another PSP firmware thread

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2007, 04:44 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another PSP firmware thread

Right guys, I bought a PSP from a guy I work with.
(You'll have to excuse me because I know very little about what i'm talking about).

It has version 2.60 firmware, but the option to change to change to v1.5 to play games from the memory card, as the guy I bought it from has been doing, however, this seems to have stopped working.

It wouldn't load the games when you attempt to open after transferring to v1.5, giving a numbered error message, which I gather means it couldn't locate the file, then after trying to open them through Devhook 0.46 (hope this sounds right), it said that the data was corrupt.

I copied the couple of games that were on the memory card to the PC hard disk and formatted the memory card.

The questions:

1)What do I need to do to put the games back on the memory card, as they were in a folder named 'ISO', that is no longer there.

2)The games have the file extension '.cso'. Is this right?

3)Do I need to download anything to downgrade the firmware to v1.5?

I've tried searching through the masses on info on the web, but there's just too much to take in, or it seems to be out of date.

Many thanks for any help

Last edited by scooby_matt; 25 January 2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 25 January 2007, 04:59 PM
DaveL001
Scooby Regular

you will need some files to downgrade to v.15

check this site out, i found it very helpful
PSP Hacks · Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities · Hack Sony Play Station Portable
Old 25 January 2007, 05:48 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

I've been looking on there but there seems to be too much information to decipher what i'm after.
Old 26 January 2007, 01:03 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

There's a program available that talks you through the downgrade and pretty much does it for you.It's called something like ultimate downgrader v1.1.1 and allows you to downgrade 2.5 and 2.6 firmware versions.
The cso files on the memorystick should be in the iso folder and yes the file format is correct.CSO is compressed ISO basically....
To downgrade you'll need a copy of Grand Theft Auto Liberty Cities (The one where the ULES code doesn't end with #2 or basically version 2 where they fixed the flaw in it)

Edit: I would personally format that memorystick and start again with it.You can of course copy any cso files to your PC before wiping and then copy them back on once you get hold of Devhook or if you fancy using the custom firmware....

Nick

Last edited by NickAdams; 26 January 2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 26 January 2007, 02:04 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, I updated to 2.71 then back to 1.5, but I also found a download for 2.6 that doesn't need the GTA disk