Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone used 'Ripit4me'?

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2007, 08:31 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone used 'Ripit4me'?

Hi,

I've recently noticed that DVD Decrypter doesn't work on some DVDs (when backing up my own discs).

I've read that this is because of new copy protection and apparently, some freeware called ripit4me WILL work.

Is anyone using it? What's it like? Is it safe?

Cheers!
Old 18 January 2007, 09:21 AM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

used it last night for the first time.

Seems easy enough. You still dvd decrypter. It will create a PSL file for the decrypter to use.

Its a very small application, doesn't install anything just runs as an .exe

Definately recommend it.
Old 18 January 2007, 10:37 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Yep just started using it myself. Seems good. Need DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and some other tool for fixing VOB files with bad data in them.
Old 18 January 2007, 09:13 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

What problem did you have with the ripped movies? Are there any discs in particular that you've found to be a problem?

I persevered last night and finally found that if I used the Media Portal option to go to 'Root Menu', I was able to watch the films - or at least the start of them. I presume they'll work all the way through.

If the films were just played straight off (without choosing 'Root Menu'), the picture dropped out after the trailers - black screen.

I'm just wondering whether or not I need to use Ripit4me.
Old 18 January 2007, 09:26 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

I tried to backup those new Interactive DVD quiz discs for ages - had some for Christmas and didn't want to use the originals all the time...

... tried Ripit4Me - and it failed dismally....

... someone suggested just doing a standard DVDShrink copy and it worked perfectly. Quite odd - but I guess some protection fools some programs, some fools others.... and I don't think there is actually any real protection on the Quiz disks - it's just that they have a bucket load of tracks and (apparently) some fairly poor disk structure (or summut!).
Old 18 January 2007, 10:20 PM
RichardS2005
Scooby Regular

I've been using DVDFab Decrypter for a while now and it never seems to have a problem with anything - definitely reccomended
Old 19 January 2007, 12:04 AM
chrisdavidson152
Scooby Regular

I use it dude on about 9 original films a week with no problems. It updates all the time too. I have package that its in and does it all with one click. PM me if you want the link its on my mates site.

Chris..
Old 19 January 2007, 11:25 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I've used Ripit4me once to do a backup of CARS as the other 2 programs I use wouldn't touch it. I downloaded the other program/s it needed and set it up to do everything on auto then into Decryptor. It worked fine and no probs on playback at all.

Andy.