Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT Hub Phone

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2006, 05:20 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down BT Hub Phone

Who's got one out there and does yours work any better than mine ?

Everything says it's working got the dial tone phone the number all I get is a long single tone... make a call to it and I get 1571 unavailable grrrr re registered everything says it's working but it's not I'm happy I never had to pay for it but there is no point having it if it does not work especially when it's free call evenings and weekends like now

Old 30 December 2006, 07:44 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you get the free phone?

they gave me a fee home hub when they upgraded my bandwith alowance to the top package, but they said i could not have a phone?>

still not used the home hub TBH
cant be arsed to mess about plugging it in.

free calls sounds good?
Old 30 December 2006, 07:59 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Yep I've got the Home Hub and Phone

Only had one problem with it about 3 days after initial installation - which was basically me just hearing an audible tone when you try to dial or do anything with the phone. A simple reboot of the HH and also Batteries out of phone sorted it all out

<Touch wood> haven't had any problems with it since

Andy
Old 30 December 2006, 08:10 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks Andy I may try that a complete re-boot, I'll leave it until tomorrow incase the problem corrects itself.
What is happening with mine now is you get the dialling tone call the number then you get one constant high pitched tone and that's it. As I said tried calling in but it goes straight to 1571 number not available, if I dial 5 first It will connect straight up to the main number no problem at all. Re-boot time I think.

Have you spoken with anyone else of Hi Def yet by the way ?
It's so real it is plain spooky
Old 30 December 2006, 08:17 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
how did you get the free phone?

they gave me a fee home hub when they upgraded my bandwith alowance to the top package, but they said i could not have a phone?>

still not used the home hub TBH
cant be arsed to mess about plugging it in.

free calls sounds good?
I phoned them up and said to them quite simply that I took the 8 meg contract out around 3 months before the phone hub was available, I did not think it was fair that new contracts were getting it free and they wanted me to pay the full price. The girl said what exhactly are you asking for so I said well I either want a free phone or a heavily discounted one she said hold the line and got in touch with sales and came back to me saying they see your point and will send me a free one out immediatly result

Oh was forgetting to add the white phone was not available at the time so they sent me a free of charge cordless one to keep me going until the hub one was ready... so I have quite a collection of freebee kit building up here now.

Have you seen the TV box now available ? if you want to run it you have to install that phone hub as the set top box plugs in it... you can the pay-per-view is you wish.
Old 31 December 2006, 11:42 AM
redxiii
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=StickyMicky]how did you get the free phone?

QUOTE]

Same old story Micky,
new customer = loads of freebies
existing customer = have to pay for everything

Do big companies like BT guage success by the number of new customers and ignore people who go elsewhere, I find sky behave exactly the same offering better deals to new customers than they do existing ones.
Old 31 December 2006, 12:14 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

All sorted a complete re boot first then I went on line and re activated it, cheers Andy

The phone is good but the service has been intermitant but at least I'm starting to understand what to do now when I do have a problem.

I've been with BT for a good few years now an when I upgraded to the 8 meg package I had to take the 12 month contract period out again this was around 2 months before the hub phone was available so I think that's one of the reasons that helped me to get the phone as a freebie.

They are going on e-bay now but I'm not sure how much of a saving is made.

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2007, 09:38 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
All sorted a complete re boot first then I went on line and re activated it, cheers Andy

I've been with BT for a good few years now an when I upgraded to the 8 meg package I had to take the 12 month contract period out again this was around 2 months before the hub phone was available so I think that's one of the reasons that helped me to get the phone as a freebie.
No worries fella

I did the same thing and upgraded to the 8mb about 2 months before they went and changed it all..... hence one phone call later and free HH and Phone
Old 02 January 2007, 12:22 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

We've got 4 all through the house and other than one periodically reseting itself we've had no problems.

I'm on my 6th hub though.......
Old 02 January 2007, 01:03 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TDT
We've got 4 all through the house and other than one periodically reseting itself we've had no problems.

I'm on my 6th hub though.......
6th hub!?!?!?!? Do you eat them?
Old 02 January 2007, 03:29 PM
RoosterRoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
I phoned them up and said to them quite simply that I took the 8 meg contract out around 3 months before the phone hub was available, I did not think it was fair that new contracts were getting it free and they wanted me to pay the full price. The girl said what exhactly are you asking for so I said well I either want a free phone or a heavily discounted one she said hold the line and got in touch with sales and came back to me saying they see your point and will send me a free one out immediatly result
Thanks for the advice, took out option 4 in June but didn't get the hub phone included. Dropped BT a mail this afternoon saying pretty much the same, and had a phonecall from them about 2 hours later saying a hub phone will be dispached and I will have it by the 5th of Jan. Proper result
Old 02 January 2007, 04:07 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoosterRoo
Thanks for the advice, took out option 4 in June but didn't get the hub phone included. Dropped BT a mail this afternoon saying pretty much the same, and had a phonecall from them about 2 hours later saying a hub phone will be dispached and I will have it by the 5th of Jan. Proper result
Rooster - one thing that may be worth you looking into is that Option 4 doesn't exist to new customers anymore. What BT did with me was say that I was still on Option 4 but increased my monthly useage from 40GB to 50GB but still charge me the same IIRC £30. As I wasn't using anywhere near my useage allowance I down graded to option 3 (now the official top one any new customers can get) so my monthly subscription goes down to suit - they only told me that I have to be tied for another 6 months from the "down grade" date

Andy
Old 03 January 2007, 10:12 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by RoosterRoo
Result indeed